Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Tomorrow is September already!

 Hello dear friends - yes, it has been quite a while since I checked in.  Summer is such a busy time of year, that I rarely get a chance to sit at the computer and check into blogland. We had a very hot and dry Summer, with little appreciable rain until the last couple weeks. 

Mowing, gardening, outside projects, and now produce from the garden are keeping me very busy.  Add some overnight visits with the grandchildren, and this is one busy Grammy.  In between times, I try to squeeze in a little quilting and crafting, but all in all, my sewing room has been vacant most of the last few months.

We didn't take a vacation again this Summer.  With the completion of our new garage, the hubby and I have been so busy with landscaping and wiring, putting up walls for his workshop...the list goes on.  We have managed to take the pontoon boat out several weekends, to enjoy time with our boys and their kiddos.

I guess the best way to convey my Summer is by a montage of photos...so here goes!

Air show with Drew & family

My first attempt at pizza on the grill...yummmy.  Fresh tomato and basil from the garden.

Bald Eagle perched in the tree where we anchored the boat to go swimming.


A day on the lake is exhausting....


Capt Peter at the helm

Visiting the 4H fair with all the kids.  Peter, Nicholas and Grant

A hike on a hot day....Nicholas, Joey, Allison, Grant, Elena, Peter and Todd

Joey with his 4H project, which was recommended for (and is now at) the State Fair!

Grant looking at the piggies


One of my many 'works in progress'

Harvested potatoes with the boys this week

Cousin sleepover!

Breakfast while waiting for the launch...that never happened.

Sweetie Petie

Allie and Petie down in our creek

Ice cream and mini golf with the older boys

Cousins at the creek


Grant carrying mums from the car.

Okay folks, I hope I haven't bored you too much with all the kiddos photos, but really, that is what our life is all about.  Family, projects and such.

Hope your Summer has been a fun one.  As we gear up for Fall, I have a few goodies in my Etsy shoppe or on my FB business page for sale....more to come....





 

Happy September!

2 comments:

  1. Your summer looks like a wonderful kind of full, Wendy. You have such a beautiful family and are blessed to be able to spend so much time with them. And your creek looks amazing! We had a large, winding, creek that ran through our farm growing up and it is where I spent much of my childhood time. Love your fall folk...and your appliqué WIP. Happy September... ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer looks like a wonderful kind of full, Wendy. You have such a beautiful family and are blessed to be able to spend so much time with them. And your creek looks amazing! We had a large, winding, creek that ran through our farm growing up and it is where I spent much of my childhood time. Love your fall folk...and your appliqué WIP. Happy September... ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973