Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Autumn Musings

 While I know that not many out in cyberspace are blogging much, or visiting my blog, I still feel compelled from time to time to share my thoughts with you all.  

I watched as the world bid goodbye to Queen Elizabeth yesterday. It seems strange not to see her face, and I hope that, despite the sadness of the occasion, her passing will bring the royal family closer together.  It did seem that Charles was clearly moved and I pray he will lead the country in the same humble way as his Mum.

Time marches on, and the official start of Fall is just a couple days away.  The time flies by so quickly.  I used to love the beginning of Fall, with the beautiful leaves, pumpkins and crisp apple cider...this year it seems so bittersweet though, as the one year anniversary of the sudden and unexpected death of my dear brother looms near.  Every beautiful day makes it even harder, as he used to love hiking with his wee puppy.  He enjoyed exploring new places, geocaching and drinking in the beauty of God's creation.  Although he wasn't particularly religious, I do pray from him daily and know deep down he felt that connection to Him who gives us all things.  The memories I hold in my heart will have to do, until I can hug him again...

But, as I said, time marches on, and we do have so much to be thankful for...a lovely home, health, a beautiful family all around.  Sundays are our family days.  In nice weather, we take the pontoon boat out, swim and sun, and fish.  When the weather is less cooperative, it is time for games or just visiting.  The grands always love to get together, and one of the most requested activities this summer is going down to our creek. I have shared photos before, and most likely will bore you with more...it's just the way of things...lol.  Our life revolves around family and these grandchildren...I love them so much!  They are a joy to our lives and keep us active.

View from our garden across the corn fields


Kiddos playing in the creek and climbing rocks

Our DIL's doggie, Snickers

Todd...he has finally learned to smile rather than scowl when asked to pose

I love the way the light played on the greenery and water

Sunset over Owasco Lake...view from our favorite little brewery

Zinnias and pond waterfall

Another wool applique project I am trying to complete this week.

 I will be making another post tomorrow, with a yummy family favorite recipe.


Have a lovely day...I will see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dear Wendy.... Sorry I have been MIA from commenting, but yours is one of the few blogs that I can only comment on when I pull it up on my pc. And I've been doing a lot of running lately and the thought of rebooting modems and routers seemed overwhelming (yeah, my pc is old and finicky). Anyways....always love seeing a post pop up from you. What a wonderful blessing you have with your family being so close. And those grands are building a solid foundation of wonderful memories of their grand parents. I don't know how you find the time to "do it all"... Love your new autumn applique project. I have a teeny, tiny pumpkin project I hope to maybe pull out in November? (Hmmm...what is that they say about good intentions??) ;-) Enjoy your weekend....our weather is supposed to be wonderful. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973