Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Monday, December 14, 2020

Day 12 of the Twevle Days of Christmas Celebration

 Once again I am a bit late in my post.  We had such a busy day yesterday.  First church, then preparing food for a family get-together with our sons, wives and grandkiddos.  Every Sunday for years, we meet on Sundays for "Football Sunday".  We take turns providing snacks, main dish and dessert, the kiddos get to enjoy their cousins, and we catch up on the week's events.

Yesterday was extra special because we celebrated two of the many birthdays this past month.  Son, Drew and I celebrated together...next weekend is Peter, who turns 8 (how did that happen!)  Anyway, yesterday was so full that I just didn't have time to make my post....so without further delay, here is my home tour.

This vintage wooden truck is a music box and have an elf riding on the back.  Sorry for the bad photo...it really is adorable.

Carriage room Christmas tree






Wonderful wool applique I received in a swap







Love collecting vintage caroling figures...

...and vintage elves...I have so many...these are two of my more unusual ones


Dining room mantel



Parlor mantel with just a sampling of my Santa collection


sign I made last year...cheap and easy!




Looky here!  An ornament made from my tutorial...Allie & Elena made it just the other day for my birthday.  Oh so sweet.

1830

Kismet enjoying the dining room tree

Dining room tree-full of blogging ornaments I received through the years.  Always fond memories of the way blogging used to be....


Love my vintage carriage full of bears and Santas, etc

gingerbread men from swaps, tucked into an arrangement for the kitchen table

I made this a couple years ago...a favorite

That's most of the photos I have taken dears.  I also wanted to share this flock of snow geese that were in the field  other day.  They are so beautiful!


I had a couple requests to share my egg bread recipe that I use for my Swedish Coffee Ring, and I will be doing that this week, so check back.  I will also share a few photos of some Christmas quilts I made.
 
Thank you so much for joining in my Celebration.  I hope it has been an entertaining time for you, and that you will continue to visit and maybe even blog more yourself!
Til later my friends....May God bless you.




3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post Wendy! Your home is absolutely STUNNING (and looks HUGE)... I don't know how you manage to decorate it all, bake, craft, spend time with family and still manage to blog. Yikes. I am just catching up on my reading finally. I miss more than a day and it seems I can't catch up. You have lots of fun decorations too...hard to pick out favorites....but I do love your JOY sign...and Kismet under the tree LOL. Yes, blogging in the old days was fun...I never managed to do many swaps, but I did participate in a few and it was always fun. Wishing you a happy, healthy, week ahead...and truly enjoyed your 12 Days of Christmas. I know I have several things I will be trying! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a lovely Birthday!! Your home is so lovely, Love all of your beautiful decor! I certainly have enjoyed your 12 days of Christmas, it was so much fun. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas! hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful home, Wendy! I used to get a magazine ...I think it was called Country Sampler or something like that. It had homes like yours in it. Yours should be in that magazine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973