Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Day 11 of my Twelve Days of Christmas Celebration

 Good morning friends.

I'm a little late making my post today....sorry for the inconvenience.  Yesterday was a crazy day and I never had an opportunity to prep my post.

I love these little candle holders, and they are oh so easy...you only need a few things to turn a boring glass Dollar store holder into a prim-tastic decoration for your home.

You will need:

Dollar store glass candle holder

printed music sheet below

spring of faux or fresh holly and berries

twine

tea light candle

Print the music sheet I have provided below.  Using pinking shears trim the edges to fit your specific candle holder.  Refer to photo, and be certain to leave enough extra on the back to overlap.  Once you are happy with your paper, use a bit of hot glue or regular glue to hold the overlapped edges together.  

Cut a length of twine to go around your candle holder, once, twice or however many times you wish.  Knot and add a bow, tying your spring of greens under the bow....Poof...it's THAT simple.  Make several for your table....you could even use one at each place setting for Christmas as a 'take home' gift.

They are so simple!

Right click to save for printing.



 

The recipe I am sharing today is originally from the Six Sisters.  These cookies have it all....green for Christmas, cooling mint flavor, yummy chocolate and melt in your mouth goodness.  Easy too!

 


Andes Mint Cookies
INGREDIENTS
* 2 3/4 cup flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
* 1 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 egg
* 3 Tablespoons milk
* 1 tsp mint extract
* 15-20 drops green food coloring
* 1 bag of Andes mints (chopped or broken apart)
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside. Unwrap the Andes Mints
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, milk, and mint extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and add the green food coloring. Mix until even colored. Fold in the chopped Andes mints. (I also added some milk chocolate chips... just because I LOVE milk chocolate!)
3. Put in the refrigerator until the dough is cool.
4. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.  Flatten the balls as you place them onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before moving them to cool.
 

 I will see you all on Monday, for the final day of our Celebration.  I will be doing my home tour then!  Have a lovely weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Another great tutorial, I don't know how you have come up with all of these wonderful tutorials. I love the 6 sisters, I am always watching their videos on instant pot recipes. The cookies sure sound yummy. Looking forward to your home tour, I bet it will be amazing. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look great...My husband grew up in the town that makes the Andes candies. I can't believe your 12 Days of Christmas are almost over...that went way too quickly...and I will miss your posts. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973