Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Twas a few days before Christmas.....

 Hello friends!

Yes, I am finally getting a chance to sit at the computer once again and post.  I promised Robin my Egg Bread recipe, so that is first on the agenda.

Egg Bread

Use for cinnamon rolls, caramel nut rolls, cinnamon or regular bread or Swedish Coffee ring.

6-7 1/2 c bread flour

2 packages (2 Tablespoons) yeast

1/4c  to 2/3 c sugar...depending on which bread you wish to make

1/2 stick of butter

3 eggs

2 c milk

Combine 3 c of flour and yeast in large mixer bowl.

In saucepan, add milk, sugar and butter and heat until butter is nearly melted (115 degrees)and sugar is dissolved....stirring constantly.

Slowly beat into flour mixture.  Once combined, add eggs, one at a time, beating well.  Once all eggs are added, beat for 3 minutes on high.  Stir in as much of remaining flour, turn out onto counter and knead in remaining flour until smooth.  Place dough into greased bowl and let rise.  Once it has risen, punch down and shape as you wish...according to your chosen application.

I have made all kinds of goodies from this recipe!

*****************

I promised a few more Christmas photos, the first two are Christmas quilts.  The one I made several years ago, and the other, although the top is done, I haven't had an opportunity to finish it.  The large Santa I just finished - he is my first attempt at a clay face Santa in the Arnett style...I am pleased with him, but feel I need to practice working in clay more, before I can sell them.



I wanted to add all of the grandchildren's name to this quilt...

...so I created little packages with name tags for each of the seven...and I can add more in the future.








Snoopy enjoying the fire...

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!

"For unto us a Savior is born...who is Christ our Lord"


2 comments:

  1. Your quilts are lovely. Your home is so inviting and cozy. The clay faced santa is awesome, I love him! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merriest of Christmases Wendy!! And thank you so much for sharing the egg bread recipe. It is quite different than the one I use and am going to definitely try it. I have done nothing for Christmas this year...no tree, no baking...nada. But I had to go into town today, thought perhaps baking even one batch of my cookies might give me a little "spirit," and thought about your other recipes. The only one I could remember (since it was so simple) was the white chocolate covered wafer ones... Found the wafers and some white chocolate (which I can never find otherwise), but absolutely no peppermint extract (and it's not an extract I have because I never use it) and not a regular candy cane to be had. I gave up after store no. 3. Shelves here are very bare sadly. Enjoy your holidays...love that "grandma's house" quilt...and think you did amazing for a first try at the clay-faced Santas!! Blessings for Christmas and beyond ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973