Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Friday, December 11, 2020

Day 10 of the Twelve Days of Christmas Celebration

 Welcome to Day 10

of the

Twelve Days of Christmas

 I'm so glad you stopped by.

Yesterday was a tad warmer, and the snow has been melting away.  Our daughter-in-law Maria and I took a day to craft together making Santas, along with little Nicholas to keep us company.  The little guy decided to take a wee nap amongst our creative mess..isn't he sweet?


 Today's recipe is for these tasty, easy and beautiful cookies...people will think you spent hours on them.
 
White Chocolate Mint Cookies
 

Here's what you will need:

  • a box of Nabisco Famous Wafer cookies
  • 12 oz white baking chocolate
  • 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
  • about 4-5 peppermint candy canes, crushed
(oops...forgot to place the peppermint extract bottle in my picture)
Directions:

Crush your candy canes and set aside in a small bowl.  Place several pieces of waxed paper or parchment paper onto your counter.
 
Place your white chocolate squares into a microwave glass bowl.  Heat and melt according to package instructions.  My package also had directions of a double-boiler method, so go ahead and use that if you are more comfortable with it.
 Once your chocolate is melted, carefully place on chocolate cookie into the melted candy.  Use a fork to gently flip it over to coat both sides.  Place the fork under the cookie and gently lift it out of the melted candy, allowing it to drip for a minute, then place on wax paper and immediately sprinkle with your crushed candy cane.

Allow your cookies to cool completely.

Yes, it is THAT simple...and they are oh so festive.  The contrast of the white and dark with a sprinkling of the red peppermint candy looks so pretty.

Once completely cooled and the chocolate is set and dry, layer them carefully into a decorative tin, with wax paper between the layers and you have a beautiful gift to give.  But of course, be sure to save some for yourself, because they are as tasty as they are pretty!
 
Enjoy!
 

I'm also sharing a project with you

 that I did oh so many years ago.

I've always loved it and it was fun to do a little painting project...something I don't usually do. I was so lucky I found the pattern still on my computer.

I used these muted country colors, but feel free to use whatever you like.  Start with a base coat of black. To transfer the design and words, I used carbon paper.  Don't transfer the words until you have painted the white hill and let it dry completely. I pressed lightly, just to give me a faint outline.  For the letters, you will need a very fine brush.  In a pinch, you could also use a fine tip marking pen for the words...Sharpie makes a nice one.  The falling snow I made by using the end of my small paint brush, dipping, dotting, and repeating.

Once your little treasure is painted, just give the edges a sanding and wipe with some stain.  Spray with a clear coat and you are ready to hang.  You can drill some holes in the top corners, run some wire or twine through, add small homespun ribbon...or just add a sawtooth hanger on the back.  You could also just set it on a shelf, cupboard, etc.  It would also look nice tucked into a gift basket of homemade goodies.

I made mine about 5 x 7, but of course, you can enlarge it to whatever size you wish.
 


We are winding down on our Celebration but I hope you have found it fun!  I'm make another post on Saturday (Day 11), but the final 12th day won't be posted until Monday.

Toodles for now friends....



2 comments:

  1. Another yummy recipe and awesome craft. Thanks for sharing. Nicholas is so precious!! hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....what a precious moment captured of Nicholas! Yikes...I haven't painted for years.... I used to do rosemaling...but now days, I paint a few rocks and that's about it LOL. (But, gee...painting small, unevenly textured, rocks can be more challenging than rosemaling methinks....) Those cookies look great!! Perhaps I read too quickly, but didn't see where you actually add the peppermint extract?? Did I just miss it?? I assume you add it to the melted chocolate?? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973