Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Where did October go?

Hello dear friends!  Sorry it has taken so long for me to post once again.

October has, like the pretty autumn leaves, somehow fluttered away from me.  The weather, however, has been beautiful during most of the month...a well deserved  'Indian Summer' after a rainy and cool September.   The trees have been spectacular this Fall....such brilliant colors of red, orange and gold.  Our Gingko tree is particularly stunning with it's bright gold....but alas, the change is upon us, and the rain and wind have come at last, taking off what leaves are left on the maples, redbuds and oak.

We've had a full month of fun and chores.  I had to watch lil Grant for a week, when his sitter's child was sick.  It was fun but a little exhausting, chasing a 2 year old around for a week.  He is a real character though, so it was a pleasure.  During that week, we went on a 'field trip' with our other grandsons and their Mom, who home schools the boys.   We went to one of my all time favorite Fall hikes....Taughannock Falls State Park.  I snapped quite a few pictures while we were there.....




Joey, hamming it up

Exploring the pools of water on the bedrock

Lil Man, Grant



Peter, the wanderer...lol

When our hike was over, we prepped for a nice picnic, but before we could start eating, the bees came, and we had to high-tail it into the car to eat.  I took these pics right before we set up the picnic table for lunch.

L to R - Peter, Joey, Grant, Nicholas and Todd

I think they were hungry!

I've been renovating my chicken yard, moving the fencing and redoing supports...thanks to my hubby we are finally done, and it is oh so much better....pics another time, as it is rainy and windy today.

I did manage to fit in finishing this wool and cotton applique quilt...it's definitely one of my favorites!


Sunday, we took a walk with some of the family...it was another glorious day!  Now, to walk around our 'block' you can chose the 3.5 miles walk or the 5 mile walk...that's how big these country blocks are...lol.    I took a few snaps of the scenery....




That's all for today friends....I have a lot to do, and a bone density scan this afternoon....so I am off and running.  Take care and be blessed!


1 comment:

  1. The quilt is really pretty Wendy. Great family times and photos. Yes, Autumn is quickly moving along. Winter will be here soon. Blessings to you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973