Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Spring Blessings

 Hello dear friends!

Spring has sprung here in central New York State.  The fields are greening up nicely, the daffodils are blooming and every where, the birds are singing their sweet Spring songs.  I was sitting in the sun the other day, and thought...mmmm...the wrens should be here soon, and what do you think....within 5 minutes I heard one.  One by one our south wintering birds have made their way back.

A few weeks ago, on a cool Sunday, we made bluebird houses with two of our grandsons.  Here is Todd happily displaying his! 


We had family over for Easter, complete with Easter Egg Hunt, ham and potatoes...oh yes...and lots of candy too!  My brother brought my Dad down from the nursing home, so it was nice to have family all together.  Here's a photo of our grandchildren, as well as two of their cousins.

Cousin Mason, Grant, Cousin Bryce, Nicholas, Peter, Todd (who did not wish to smile), Allie, Joey and Elena.

The weather has been been typical for Spring here...one day hot, then next cold...today there was just a sprinkling of snow here and there...Sunday it was 79 and ideal...such is life.  I was hoping to get out and continue landscaping around our new garage, but that will have to wait.  Perhaps a run to the fabric store is on the list today.  Speaking of fabric, I've been trying very hard to finish up the piles of quilts I have worked on over the last year.  It's fun to piece them, but the quilting is my least favorite part.  However, I managed to get 6 done in the last month or so!  Yay me!  Here they are!  I really love doing wool applique on cotton.  I piece during the day, then stitch by hand in the evenings, while watching Britbox mysteries with the hubs.  lol





 


Now, I really MUST finish working on lil Grant's quilt, as well as my Primitive Garden quilt. I finally purchased some sashing for that, so I'm almost there.....if the cold weather continues, I may just get all my projects done.

I also have some exciting news to announce!  My webmaster is nearly finished with my NEW WEBSITE!  After yet another fee raise by Etsy, I decided that it is time to branch out on my own.  It's something I have been wanting to do for a long time, and hopefully we can launch the site very soon!

 Well friends, I hope you enjoy your day.  Jot me a comment and let me know how you are doing!  I'd love to hear from you.  I know blogging isn't as popular now as it once was, but I would certainly like to keep up with it. 

Wishing you Springtime Blessings!


2 comments:

  1. Well, speaking of Blogging/Blogger, all of a sudden out of the blue I can no longer comment as The Cranky Crow even though I am logged into my blogger/google account...and that means I cannot leave comments on anyone's blogs who do not allow anonymous comments. I do not know why they have to keep making things so very difficult. It almost seems like they are trying to get us all to quit. Sigh. It sounds like you had an enjoyable family Easter...as it should be. Your quilt finishes are AMAZING!! Love each and every one!! No daffodils here yet...but the green has poked through that cold, cold, soil. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Wendy, I enjoyed your post. You have beautiful children. I loved the quilt photos. I have seen some of those recently in Cheri's friendship group I think. I drool over the photos there a lot. So many pretty things to see. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter celebration. Hope the entire spring season is good & pleasant for you.
    Annie from scrappalachia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973