Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Spring, glorious Spring!

Spring has Sprung here in the Finger Lakes!

Last week the weather was so nice and warm, but when thunderstorms came through late Saturday, we reverted back to cooler temps.  I was so enjoying the mid to high 60s last week.  I worked outside doing lots of garden clean-up, pruning my grapes and fruit trees and stoning some muddy spots in the driveway.  It was glorious and I cannot wait until the warmer temps return.

The weekend before, we took a hike with son, Drew and his sweet family.  There is a nature preserve nearby and we had a lovely afternoon hiking, chatting and enjoying a huge flock of red-winged blackbirds.

One of Drew's boys, Joey, gave up sweets for Lent, so I told him that I would make him whatever he wanted for our Sunday dinner.  He chose orange ice cream with chocolate chips.  Now that is a combo I have never made before, but it turned out delicious, and I will be sharing that recipe in another post later this week.

So, for now, I leave you with photos from the last couple weeks, and hope that you have a chance to get out and enjoy the lovely earth our Lord has made, as it Springs to new life!

Rainbow across the lake after the storms


The girls out enjoying some fresh green grass

Patio all cleaned and ready for furniture

 
Our grand-daughter, Allison, celebrated her 9th birthday

Our hike

3 cuties on a log - Joey, Peter and Todd

#4 cutie - Nicholas

Lovin' those smiles

Allie & our son, Scott, viewing the sunset Sunday evening.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Spring Wendy! You sure pack a lot into your days and into your posts! Loving all the photos of your beautiful family...and looking forward to Joey's 'scream recipe. (But please don't tell me you made your own ice cream LOL) I love the chocolate/orange combo. My mom used to make my favorite chocolate orange cheesecake for my birthday. One of the great many things I miss. We had a few beautiful days here...actually a week and half or so....and lost much of our snow at least in the open areas....but it has turned cold again and we are to get accumulating snow tonight/tomorrow. Spring in Nod....gotta love it. NOT. As always, good to see a post from you! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful weather and fun family times. Looking forward to the orange chocolate chip recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973