Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A New Outlook and Come Join the Swap!

Wow, what a difference a couple of weeks can make. 
We are now in the midst of a lock-down all across America.
I've tried not to panic about the Corona virus, and we have taken precautions, but I do worry about my Dad.  He can be stubborn sometimes and I just hope he will listen to my siblings and my warnings about staying put.

The word of the day is "Social Distancing"... Restaurants are closing, stores are limiting hours, get-togethers are being postponed, and even our church Masses have been cancelled.  The world has gone crazy.
What measures have you taken to reduce your risk of exposure?  Are you looking for ways to use your time, other than sitting and watching the TV.  I'm not one for watching much TV.  I like a few home improvements shows and the occasional old movie, but other than that, I prefer to keep busy with other things.

Back in the glory days of blogging, I would host at least one Pin Keep Swap each year.  So I thought...why not try it again.  With more time on our hands at home, it could be fun to reconnect by creating for one another.  Pin Keeps are relatively quick and easy to make, with no big commitment, and who couldn't use one!

What do you say?  Are you in?


Here's the simple rules:

1.  The Pin Keep Swap theme will be IT'S SPRING! 

2.  Your Pin Keep MUST be mounted on something...a jar lid, old can, spool, use your imagination, but it must be attached to a base of some kind and must be at least 6" tall.  See the photos below (all from Pinterest) for ideas or search Spring Pin Cushions on Pinterest!

3.  Comment below and then send me your email, name and address at RWPrimCrafts@aol.com if you wish to participate.

4.  In your email, tell me what you love about Spring.  Your likes/dislikes.

5.  Mail Date for the pin keeps will be set at Monday, April 6th.  

6.  Sign ups will last only until Saturday, March 21st.  Sorry, only US swappers please.

7.  Once you receive your swap, please post a big Thank you to your partner with a photo of your pin keep.  This is a very important part of the swap, so don't delay in posting.

That's it...Hurry and send your swap info to me. I will send out your partners name on Monday, the 23rd.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
God bless.








3 comments:

  1. Ooooh I admire crafty people! Love all the sweet photo shares. I still love blogging best. social media is as bad as the news and I do not watch the mainstream hysteria. We can only try to be safe and I pray. I am sending cards to the three local nursing homes in my neighborhood. I am hoping they will distribute them to people who need encouragement and cheer. I wish I were crafty. My favorite aunt once made me a hand pin cushion. She traced her hand and sewed it up so cute. I still have it although it is worn and tattered from the years I have had it. I will look forward to seeing your shares. Stay safe. HUGS HEALTH LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Wendy.... How I miss those "glory days" of blogging LOL. I never participated much in swaps back then because I am always slow in my handwork.... And, while I would have considered giving this one a try, I would not even begin to pretend I could come up with something that quickly. Perhaps next time! Stay safe! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, sorry I did not read this post!! I am late to respond regarding your deadline as today is the 25th. I would love to be included in the your pin cushion swap!! Love the idea...if not enough signed up I do hope you would still do this! Let me know as would injoy this fun event!
    Carolyn Hosier

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973