Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Springtime Greetings

I've been so bad...yes I know!
It's been 3 months since I posted!  Please accept my apologies.  I am sure you all know how life can get in the way.  I've been busy though, and life just keeps rolling on.

Our winter has not been kind, with lots of frigid temps and more snow that I would have liked.  Our temps have been below normal for the past month, but we are still hopeful that Spring will come soon.

Winter has, of course, forced us to be inside, but I've been keeping busy stitching on new creations, as well as doing some wool applique and quilting.  Last June I was sharing photos of my biggest quilting endeavor...A Primitive Garden quilt.  I left off with Block #6, so here are some photos of the blocks I have completed since that time.




I am currently working on the right hand border...been having trouble getting that one done, but I am in the home stretch and will post a photo when I have it completed.  Next will be the top and bottom borders.  I fully expect this quilt to take me 2 years to complete.  I will be sending it out to get quilted, as I only have a small machine, and with that much work going into it, I want it done professionally.  Maybe some day I can even enter it in the Great New York State Fair. 

I have also completed two other quilts in the last few months.  I'm a member of the very wonderful FB group honoring Cheri Payne, quilt designer.  She passed away last January, but her cheerful nature and giving attitude continue in this awesome group.  Here are three of her quilts that I have completed. I am working on Saltbox Sampler right now.
My Country Week - This was completed just before our doggie, Jack, was hit and killed.  If you will notice, I had placed him on the quilt before this happened...so glad I did.

Embrace Each Day - made in memory of my Mom.

Old Crow - well...because I like crows (bet you never guessed that)
Hubby & I, as well as our oldest son and his wife, attend a Mardi Gras celebration last weekend.  I thought you would enjoy this photo of the Mister & I....too funny!

I mostly take photos with my phone now, so I will download some of them to my computer, and next time I will show you how much the grand-kiddos have grown!  

One last picture before we go...this is of a new Uncle Sam I created...he is ready for adoption.

Til next time dear ones....Have a Blessed Lenten Season!



1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh.....so GOOD to see your friendly face and sweet comments back here in Blogland. Thanks so much for the visit. I was actually gone much longer than you, but, like you, I missed the dickens out of it. I see you have been up to your old creative self....your quilts are amazing! I especially love your garden quilt blocks (those mourning doves!!!)....and I have always loved Cheri’s quilts. I truly miss her and her blog even though I am not a huge quilter. Adorable Uncle Sam....and fun pic of you two!!! Looking forward to more posts from you and doing some “catching up”! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973