Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

A Country Christmas at Ravenwood

Good morning dear friends.

I've been wanting to share with you again, but between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we have a birthday every week.  Add the Christmas decorating, celebrating and baking into the mix, and I've just been too busy, until now.

Last time I posted, it was to tell you some sad news about  our beloved doggie, Jack.  My husband and I felt his loss so much, that we decided to adopt another rescue doggie.  He came with the name 'Snoopy', all the way from Tennessee.  He was rescued from a puppy mill, and we are so glad to have found him.  So, without further delay, I introduce you to SNOOPY!

We've tried to come up with another name, but so far, Snoopy has stuck with the grandkids and me.  He's a wonderful dog and we love him very much!  He has filled the huge void in our lives.

I have entitled my post, a Country Christmas, so I guess I should continue on that theme with some photos from around our home.  It literally takes me a week to decorate our 2,800 square foot home, but it is a labor of love that I enjoy so much.

Our Carriage Room

Our family Christmas tree, full of ornaments collected through the year.  The quilt I made this year.




Another Christmas quilt - I made it years ago.



Penny rug from my sweet friend, Lecia




Wool applique pillow I did last year





The Kitchen

I love this little vintage wooden truck with elf.  I got it at an antique store.

Santa wool wall hanging I completed this year.


Goofy little Santa I designed last year.




The Dining Room

My Hoosier cabinet always displays my Manger Scene

Ceramic Christmas goose I made years ago, inside a vintage grape box from a local winery

This mantel was found on the ground in our old barn.  I knew it had to find it's way back into our home.  So I sanded, embellished and repainted it, and it resides, once again, in it's proper place in the dining room.

Love this old baby carriage filled with Santas and bears.


Some of my Santa collection is inside my china cabinet.

My Blog tree resides in the corner of the dining room.  It is full of ornaments from past swaps and gifts with my blogging friends.  I love decorating it and recalling the days when blogging was much more popular.  Facebook just isn't the same....




The Last Supper vintage picture we found in an antique shop, complete with the beautiful wooden frame, for only $20!

"...Not a creature was stirring...not even a mouse".  Cute ornie my sister bought me while we were visiting her in Vermont a couple years ago.




The Parlor


Stockings I made for the hubby and I.





The Master bedroom







A wee bit of outside
(more to come, all lit up)

Kismet had to get into the picture.
Until next time my friends....

Have a wonderful Holiday Season.
Merry Christmas





5 comments:

  1. Snoopy looks settled in just fine! I'm sure he is so grateful to have a loving family after coming from such a hard life. Yes blogging is so much more of a visit with a friend than the quick stop facebook...Love the blogging tree so many special friends made over the years. Your house looks warm and cozy. Merry Christmas friend!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. All festive decorations. I especially love that large snowman doll on the bench. Snoopy is adorable. So glad that you all rescued him. Happy holidays wishes to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snoopy is so adorable, I am so glad that you found him!!! I like his name. Your home is so lovely, it is like looking at a prim magazine. Everything is beautiful and so cozy!! Thanks for sharing!!! Wishing you and Chris a very Merry Christmas!!! Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very festive. So glad you adopted and he looks like he settled in already! janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home looks wonderful and Snoopy looks so content in his new home, it is wonderful that you could rescue him.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973