Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Spring and Early Summer Musings...

Good morning dear friends.
Yes, it has been awhile since I posted, but Spring is such a busy time of year.  
There are new chicks to tend to; gardens to till and plant; mulch for the flower gardens, and the lawn..oh my...it never stops growing in the Spring.

But a busy life is a happy life.  Sometimes, sadness comes our way though.  My Mother-in-Law, Evelyn, took a fall before Mother's Day, and sadly, her injuries made her too weak to continue on.  She passed away at 93 years young...active until the last.  My own Mom isn't well, and we had to place her into a nursing facility, as it just wasn't possible for us to care for her any more.  Time marches on, and life sometimes throws us a curve, but God always seems to give us the strength we need to go on.

And really, as Spring has Sprung, we are reminded of the many blessings we have as well.
For us, our biggest joy is our 5 grandchildren.  What a wonderful blessing they are.

Easter

Allie and I are doing a quilt together for her bed....this is her latest block.

Allie and Elena

Sweet Peter

Peter & Joey
Baby Todd
I've spent the early part of this year working on a couple of wool applique quilts.  One of them is a big project from Primitive Gatherings.  Here are the blocks I have completed so far.  I am part of a FB page working on this quilt together....Six more months to go!








I am hoping to make another post soon, showing you around our 1830 home and our yard.  In the meantime, it's back to working on orders and mowing...lol.

Have a blessed day!



2 comments:

  1. Your applique pieces are so beautiful! Sorry for your loss. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss and having to put your mom into a nursing home. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Loved seeing your blocks, Allie's block, and all of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973