Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Friday, April 13, 2018

Fat Free Lemon Cookies

Ooh...the cool and refreshing taste of lemon.  Everyone loves it and now, you can enjoy it without guilt! 

The hubby and I, like so many these days, are trying to adjust our eating habits to be more fit and lose some weight.  That means giving up on such yummy foods as cookies...right?  Not when you try out these yummy fat free Lemon Cookies!

I was browsing the internet for some new ideas for sweet treats, without all the butter in most cookies and baked goods, and these seemed to fit the bill.  So I wrote down the recipe, adjusted it a bit to add more lemony goodness, and gave them a try.  Besides, I had some huge lemons I purchased the day before that were calling to me to make them into something scrumptious.

I hope you will give them a try too. They are a quick and easy recipe.  Great with tea or a glass of ice cold milk.  Yummmm




 Fat Free Lemon Cookies

2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 T fresh lemon zest
3-4 T fresh lemon juice
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 t baking powder

Glaze

3/4 c confectioners sugar
3-4 T fresh lemon juice 


Beat the eggs until light and frothy.
Next add the sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
Beat til blended.
Add the flour and baking powder, blending well and scraping the sides of the bowl.
Grease your cookie sheet or use parchment paper.  I love to use parchment paper for all of my cookies.
Drop by tablespoons onto your baking sheet.
Bake for 8-12 minutes at 325 degrees.
Let cool for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Once completely cool, mix up your glaze. Take a scant teaspoon of the glaze and place it on top of each cookie.  Spread it around with the back of your spoon, then return to cooling rack to set.

Now it's time to dig in and enjoy the sweet and tangy flavor!

I hope you enjoy this recipe.

I  love my new Pioneer Woman covered cake plate.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Wendy, they sound wonderful, can't wait to make them.

    Hugs and Happy Weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973