Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

May is flying by!

Hello from sunny and hot Central New York State.....well...at least it is for now, but once again, as is so common with Spring in the Finger Lakes, we are due for a cool down later tonight.  All in all, it appears Spring is here to stay, after some nasty cold a couple of weeks ago.

How was your Mother's Day?  I know some dear to me had a sad one, as her Mom passed away not so long ago.  I am lucky that both my parents are still doing fairly well.  My Mom doesn't do too much any more, but my Dad is never one to sit around, and although he is well into his 80s, he still manages to take care of Mom, the yard and do some puttering in his work shop.

We had a clean-up day at my parents the last weekend in April.  The entire family tries to gather there in the Spring and Fall, to help with the yard work, trimming, etc.  Our Spring celebration always includes a birthday party for my Dad, as his b-day is May 1st.  This year we all chipped in to get him a new recliner.  He was very surprised and touched.

Mother's Day was sunny here.  It was a beautiful day.  Our oldest son, Scott, and his wife Stephanie, invited us to their home for breakfast after Mass.  We had a nice time, then came home to do a few things, before our son, Drew and his sweet family came over for the afternoon.  It turned a little breezy and cool out in the afternoon, so we had planned a nice walk then playing some Scrabble (my favorite), then a steak and potato dinner with fresh rhubarb pie.  Our plans were soon throw aside, when little Joey, now 2 1/2 years old, tripped and fell, hurting his arm.  We thought perhaps the pain would subside, so we snuggled with him and iced his arm...but it became pretty apparent after a while that he wouldn't even use it, and even moving it created a lot of pain....so....off to Convenient Care went Drew, Maria and Joey, while Petie stayed with us.  The doctor said that in children so young, they rarely break a bone, because it is mostly cartilage still.  The end result was a cast, none-the-less... here is Joey, beaming.  Gosh, he was such a good boy through it all, despite the obvious pain he was in.

We also have some exciting news to announce!
Our son Drew and his wife are expecting again - another little boy will be joining our family in October.  We are all over the moon!  Petie and Joey are such joys to us, we can't wait for their brother to arrive.

Little Elena, Scott & Steph's youngest girl, just turned one last week and is walking like crazy.  She is a sweet and smiling little girl!

I haven't been creating much at all in the last couple months.  Spring always brings with it a million outside chores, and with my part-time job, I am finding it hard to find time to get into my sewing room.  I'd love to have the time to do a little wool applique, but so far, life is just too busy!  

Well, enough relaxation...time to go mow before the rain comes tonight.  God bless you all!

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful post
    Love your family..please give them my love
    Big hugs and smiles x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice mother's day, even with the mishaps. I find it harder with my grandson, I am more of a worry wort when he gets hurt, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been on much but so wonderful to see a post from you.I hope to be back at it soon.I miss my blog friends.Poor Joey! He does look proud of his cast though...smile... Hot our way already but back to norm for the weekend.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful day even though Joey was hurt.So nice to gift your dad a recliner. Its been raining here most of the day...and its cold. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973