Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Storms

While driving home yesterday afternoon, I stopped up the road to take this picture of the impending storm bearing down on us.
While the storm just barely missed us to the north, it went on over the lake and from there intensified, prompting tornado warnings.  Sadly it caused 4 fatalities when homes were destroyed about an hour away from here.  It went on to wreck havoc for over 100 miles.  Storm reports are still coming in.  Praying for all those affected by the storms and for the families of those 4 people who lost their lives.  
The weather here in central NY rarely gets so severe.

6 comments:

  1. i was just watching the news about this storm! Glad you are safe and prayers for those affected

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no dear
    You are all in my prayers
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are safe. The storms are really getting scary anymore, we used to didn't have to worry about things like tornado's here, now they seem to be everywhere. So sorry for the tragic loss of life with the storm. Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did hear about this storm..so sad. Glad you were not driving ino the worst of it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you and yours were kept safe from this storm Wendy.
    Prayers for the families affected by this disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad yo hear everyone in your family is ok!. Sorry I have not been in touch, crazy summer time! Kendra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973