Happy President's Day everyone!
I am finally starting to feel more like myself today after having a terrible cold (flu?) for the last week. Valentine's Day found me hacking and blowing my nose...Wednesday found me dead on the couch all day. Thursday I started to feel better and Friday I was good enough to spend the weekend at our son, Scott's house, but I hacked and blew my nose most of the time. I sure hope today is better! Needless to say, I haven't gotten many of my projects or orders done, so today will be spent trying to catch up with all of that. Hubby is home today as well, and my nephew, Jake, is on break again, so he's here for the week...always a lot of fun to have him visit.
When we returned from our weekend visit, I found that Brenda over at The Rusty Thimble had honored me with a Versatile Blogger Award - THANKS BRENDA!
I am sure you all know Brenda, but if you haven't yet started following her blog, hurry on over - you will be very happy you did! She always has so many great things to share and her creations are awesome! As part of the award, I am to pass it on to 9 other bloggers whom I admire and tell you seven things about me that you may not already know. So, for starters, I am going to pass this award on to the following gals:
Amy at Bumble Bee Lane
Michelle at The Raspberry Rabbits
Theresa at Dulaney Woods Treasures
Trace at Granny Trace Scraps & Squares
Danice at HomeSpun Hannah
Deb at Paxton Valley Folk Art
Jennifer at Stitchin Thyme
Marie at Primitives by Olde Lady Morgan
Angie at Just a Lil Raggedy
Congratulations ladies - I always enjoy visiting your blogs. As a matter of fact, I had a very hard time picking just 9, as there are so many blogging friends I enjoy visiting.
Now, for the 7 things you may not know about me:
1. The town where I grew up is known as the Sauerkraut Capital of the World..each year they hold a Sauerkraut festival...and although all the plants are now closed there, Phelps, NY still celebrates it's history.
2. I am very afraid of heights...I'm talking about roads that drop off...it is terrifying to me to even think about them....but every time we have to go to Idaho to see Mr. Whimzie's family, we have to go over Look Out Pass in the Rockies...I have been know to be in tears on the floor - feel like a total fool afterwards!
3. I am fascinated by the story of Nicholas & Alexandra, the last Czar & Czarina of Russia. They led an very interesting life and met a tragic end with their children during the Russian Revolution.
4. I love mystery novels...the old writers like Hitchcock and Agatha Christie.
5. I used to go out dancing all the time, back in the ages of Disco and the Early 80s...before I was married. Loved it and sure lost a lot of weight doing it. I was in great shape when I got married.
6. I love old movies from the wonderful years of movie making...the old black and whites....with the great old stars like Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Steward and the like. I'd rather watch one of those than the things they make these days.
7. I want to start growing grapes now that we have all this land, and make our own wine. The area we live in is becoming world known for it's wineries along the Finger Lakes, and while I have no aspirations to open a winery, I would love to dabble in creating our own wine.
Okay - now I'm off to get busy on things! Hope you have a wonderful week!