Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, December 30, 2021

A New Year Approaches

 Normally,  I am not of the belief that the end of one year and the beginning of another really makes a world of difference in my life.  As long as we are happy and healthy, I am thankful for each day!

However, this year of 2021 has been especially trying for us, and I will be happy to see it go.

Of course, Covid made a big impact on all of our lives, and while a few in our family managed to catch it, we had minimal symptoms and are extremely grateful for that.

My Father's fall in August, and the subsequent illnesses and, eventually, caring for him full time in our home, has been a huge change in our lives.  He requires 24 hr supervision, and help is minimal at this point, so we are pretty much stuck at home all the time, with an occasional respite here and there...but never for long.  The stress and problems of caring for my Dad are ongoing and at present, there is no end in sight.  I find that I cannot even find time to be in my sewing room to create, or do many of the hobbies I have enjoyed in the past.

The worst part of 2021 was the sudden death of my youngest brother, and the pain from that continues.  But, I know he would want us to be happy and celebrate his smile, adventuresome nature and love of the great outdoors and his wee pup, Bella.

All in all, I will be very glad to see 2021 come to an end, with hopes and prayers that the coming year will be easier on us all.

I apologize once again for a 'downer' post...it's the way of life right now.  I do so hope to have a more cheerful attitude in the New Year.

May God bless you all!

HAPPY NEW YEAR



4 comments:

  1. Sincere condolences about your brother. I have lost two and my last one is lying in the ER for the last two days with advanced kidney failure. They don't have a bed space for him. He didn't have covid going in but now he does. I'm sorry also about your Dad. We went through that with my Mom a few years back. I can relate a tiny bit to what you are going through but no one really knows unless it is their story. I just keep praying & hoping & looking for some good everyday. Some days there is not much good but I keep doing it anyway.
    One thing I have learned is that those little bits of bright spots in the days help me to get through to the next day, one bit at a time. I know life comes to pass, not comes to stay and I do my best just to press on and not get swamped by it all. I do my best not to get too tired in the middle but to just press on. I will be praying for you & your family. Hugs, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely no need for an apology of any sort, Wendy. I think your attitude is very apropos given what has been on your plate. The strain of caring for someone 24/7 is not one many can handle. I know I feel horrible that my mom is in a facility but I also know that I could not only manage caring for her physically, but neither would I be able to do it emotionally on any kind of long-term basis. That requires a special level of patience and strength. Prayers for an "easier," kinder, 2022...I think many of us are glad to see 2021 behind us. Hugs & Smiles ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Wendy I'm Yvonne from over at Beths Raggedy Attic Blog. I read
    your post and just wanted to let you know, my heart goes out to you
    It touched my heart in so many ways. I too lost my brother unexpectedly five years ago, he had just turned 65 . These last holidays without him is still a hurt and missing him. thers that empty place at the table now, but then again, I look over and can see him smiling , cause i made his favorite potato salad ,and of course a carrot cake. I visit with him every day in my thoughts and heart. he was that natural character that made you laugh. When I get down, I re-visit our childhood and adulthood, with all the good times. And I also took my dad in , moved in our home and cared for him, till it was time for him to go home . My dad was also blind and the constant care was never ending, and at times draining, but I wouldn't have done anything different, He left us with an amazing example and lots of love . I hope this year will be a year of so many good things for you and your family and for us all. The impact of covid has affected us all , But God is faithful. God Bless. Yvonne from Beth's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thru this ...I know what you are going thru with stress that is never ending being a caretaker. The emptiness of a family member loss is one where, for me, I look for the good memories from the past and the hurt subsides.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973