Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Spring is on the Way!

 While waking yesterday morning, as the sun peeked into my window, I heard the faint calling of a bluebird!  What a joyous time Spring is...the snow is melting, the sun is shining a little more each day, the bitter chill in the air is dwindling and the earth is coming alive.  I see huge flocks of geese flying north, loudly proclaiming their enthusiasm for warmer days.  I see the sparrows chirping and hopping around in the wisteria outside our carriage room window.  I see the welcome site of wee snowdrop flowers outside my office window.  We won't be doing maple syrup this year, but I know from the looks of the trees, that the sap is running and I can almost taste the sweet goodness (or maybe it is just that I haven't had my breakfast yet and I am hungry).

Spring is so welcome here, after this particularly long and snowy winter and covid restrictions making some of our winter activities impossible. I'm looking forward to getting out in the yard for Spring cleanup, and am planning my new patio gardens and our veggie garden as well.  I've browsed the seed displays and chosen some new things to try.  Don't think I will be planting any hot peppers this year, as we still have plenty of hot salsa and canned banana peppers for sandwiches.  I need a little something to take their place.  My Mom always planted zinnias, but for some reason I haven't done that much in all the years I have been gardening, so I will make an entire bed of different varieties of zinnias, and plant lots of corn too.

Spring is also a time for First Communion, and both Peter and Allison will be having theirs on May 2nd.  It's such a special time...they are growing so big.  Peter is already 8 and Allie turns 8 next week...where does the time go?

Enough babbling for now...I will leave you with more pictures of my life and loves...

Elena and Grant

Spring vignette in the dining room

Afternoon nap - Grant

Spring pin keep

cutie pie

After completing years ago, I finally framed this wool applique sampler

pretty sunset

new quilt I am working on for Spring

Grant keeps hamming it up

Petie & Joey climbing Mt Everest...ok..it was just a huge snow pile in the school parking lot

Big buffalo farm Maria & I passed coming home for a little shopping adventure

Peter loves space

Toddy with one of his cutest smiles

I'm off to tend to the chickens now.  Have a blessed day everyone and don't hesitate to comment and share your day with me!
 


1 comment:

  1. Although our winter has been unusually mile by our standards (so far, and knock on wood), the warmth we've enjoyed the past few days certainly has been welcome. You continue to be incredibly busy and productive. Love all your projects, but especially like that wool applique sampler. Your grands are all beautiful...you are, indeed, blessed. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973