Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Monday, February 22, 2021

Another Snowy Day and a Yummy treat to share

 Good morning dear friends!

I hope this post finds you healthy and happy.  We've had very snowy and cold weather the last few weeks.  There is hope in the forecast though, for a rather nice warm up.  Hoping some of the over 2 feet of snow melts!

We've been spending a lot of time with family.  We had 3 of our grandsons over for a few days a week ago, and then the two girls for a night after Valentine's Day.  It's always such fun, and we love them so much.

 

Peter finishing up with his favorite breakfast at Grammy's house... Apple Cinnamon waffles with homemade maple syrup.

Birdies in the wisteria

Joey sporting his toothless grin.

Todd - who needs expensive toys when you can play with free berry crates...lol

Saturday we took a hike with our oldest son and his girls.  We were having squalls of light and fluffy lake effect snow and it made for some beautiful pictures.

Allison & Elena enjoying our hike


Elena hitchin' a ride on daddy

I've also been doing a bit of creating - bunnies and mini quilts.  There are a few of the things I've been working on....


and a few more photos to share....

Baby Grant is growing big!

Pippa

  I wanted to share this quick and easy cookie bar recipe with you too.  I made them last week and ooooh my...everyone loved them.  No baking required!


Ingredients
For the peanut butter base
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
For the chocolate peanut butter topping
  • 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
Instructions
To make the peanut butter base
  1. Place the graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl and stir together until combined.

  2. Press the mixture into an even layer in the bottom of a parchment-lined 9x13" pan.

To make the chocolate peanut butter topping
  1. Place the milk chocolate chips and peanut butter in a double boiler, stirring until smooth.

  2. Pour the mixture over the peanut butter base and smooth into an even layer with a spatula.

  3. Chill for 1 hour, or until set, before cutting into bars.  Store in the fridge.

     That's it for today dear ones.  I'd love to hear from you, so feel free to jot a comment below!  Stay warm, healthy and safe!

    Blessings




4 comments:

  1. You have some beautiful grands, Wendy! So glad you get to enjoy their company. Your creations are always just precious.... I really like the bunny/chicken quilt. Those bars look too good not to try....Going to have to think who to share them with first though or I will eat them all myself LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, making awesome memories with the grandchildren. They are all beautiful. I love your new creations. If I lived near you you could show me how to make mini quilts like that, they are lovely. And love your bunnies, you are so talented. I have all the ingredients, so I need to make those yummy bars. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new bunnies and the mini quilt, We had a lot of ice and snow last week, but all melted away now, In Alabama, we are not really used to that. Thank you for the recipe also. Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had some great fun with family. Would love some of those yummy waffles myself. TFS recipe too! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973