Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

It's Maple Syruping time!

Good afternoon folks. 
I'm one day late in posting this week.
I had a wee accident on Sunday, involving a large drill bit and my wedding ring finger, and today is the first day I have been able to type well.

I was excited to begin maple syruping on Sunday...I had my tubes ready, I had my containers saved...now to just drill some holes in the tops to insert the tubes.  Lesson learned..never, ever hold the top in your hand...place it on the container to drill...so you don't end up drilling a hole in your finger.  Not only did I do that, but somehow the force of the drilling must have been so great, that the drill bit actually bent my wedding ring in a couple places, before hopping onto my finger to do it's damage.  After grabbing a towel to wrap around my finger and yelling for my husband to come inside...ugh..I felt faint and sick.  The hole in my finger was not pretty...and my finger immediately swelled up.  I couldn't get my rings off, and still cannot. I was afraid I would have to cut them off, but the swelling has gone down some and I hope that by the end of the week, with the gouge healed more, I will be able to slip the rings off and get them repaired.

The sap is really flowing and we'll be boiling up that lovely golden syrup as the month goes on...hoping to stock up for the year ahead.
Have a lovely day - Leave a comment and say hi!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch, ouch, ouch! I am so sorry...I am very intrigued about the maple syrup making, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness OUCH!! Hope it's healing pretty good by now. The things you have to do for delicious maple syrup, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973