Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Friday, January 10, 2020

Let's Make 2020 A new Beginning!

We all remember when.....
the days when blogging was THE thing....
We recall meeting new friends...
Following new blogs....
Sharing our recipes....
Sharing the goods and the bads....
Sharing our life with each other....
Swapping goodies....
Building friendships....


Then along came Facebook...and so many blogging friends went there instead.  But as many of us have lamented....it just isn't the same.  I was talking to Michelle of the Raspberry Rabbits last week about this sad happening.  We were both sharing how much we loved blogging, and how much it is missed.

With that in mind, Michelle and I would like to propose a New Beginning.  A return to the simpler times of blogging....sharing.....getting to know each other more closely...something a quick FB post just cannot compare with.  We have challenged ourselves to post more often, and encourage others to read and follow our favorite bloggers.

Would you be willing to join us?  Some of you are at different stages of life, but we all have something to share.  We want to support and encourage each other.  Facebook has just gotten too big...and half the time we don't see friends posts.  Come, bring back the Good Ole Times.  Commit to posting frequently.  Share your day, your favorite recipe, your newest creation, or just ramble.  We care and we want to hear from you!
We Miss You!
 

8 comments:

  1. I sure miss blogging too. I have made many friendships, that will last a lifetime through blogging.That is how we met and I am so glad for our friendship. FB just isn't the same, too much drama. My life is so busy working two jobs and everything else, but I will do my best to be a better blogger.I do miss it. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want blogging to continue and prosper. FB is great, but, like you said, just lacks that personal feeling. So glad that you are posting, as I really missed you. Let's all try to blog more in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dislike FB, so am not on it either. Even thou I don't have a blog of mine own there are several (lots) that I follow by email. It's like getting a letter in the mail from a friend. Commenting isn't something I do often as the blogger has enough to do without answering each comment, but rest assure I read them all. So happy you are asking people to come back, yeah for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you have decided to go back to blogging more. I just started reading blogs when everyone started going elsewhere. I am not on Facebook so I miss out on a lot that is posted there. I look forward to reading more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes so many have stopped blogging. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy! I found you through Danice, Homespun Hannah. I don't know if you remember me or not... it's been quite a few years. But I used to be Berry Homespun Primitives and followed you back in the day. I have recently gotten back to blogging because I miss it so much! But I am not into prims like I used to be so I lost almost all of my followers when I changed over to my new venture... A Vintage Journey. I still love antiques and vintage but have gone with a lighter, cottage look. I now follow you again, and looking forward to keeping in touch with you once again! =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you too, Wendy! I wrote on your Blog and tried to click on follow..but not sure if it worked! I also put your blog site address on my blog..but did it with my phone. I will open my computer and tablet and check out! Love your blog. I am not a true blogger as only blog about once or twice a month! But truly check out the bloggers I have that I follow from my update bloggers. Always fun to see what they are up to! Lot's of creativity and inspiration!
    Hug's, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973