Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Monday, September 11, 2017

Some remember....

Good morning dear friends.

I sit with my cup of coffee, check my FB feed, email and shoppe.  I woke up feeling depressed...with an overwhelming desire to tear up.  Not my usual get up and go attitude...and then I remember...what today is....
Every year I feel this way...the sadness is overwhelming...I turned on the news to see  if anyone is feeling as I do.
ABC - a story on animals 
NBC - commerical
CBS - weather report

finally I turn to FOX news...and there is it....

the videos, photos, the memories....

Then, a moment of silence....in honor of when the first plane it.....
The reading of the names begins.....
A wee little girl, not more than six...reads the names of some of the victims, with such eloquence and reverence...and then, with sadness...the name of her grandfather...that she will never know...she bows her head and looks so sad.
It touches me so.

I didn't know any of the victims of that day.  I watched in stunned silence as I sat having my morning coffee on an ordinary day.  The hubs was at work, the boys at school.  There was some commotion on Good Morning America....something about a plane and the World Trade Center.  Everyone assumed it was an accident.  Video rolled in the background as the hosts discussed it.  They were busy talking...and didn't see the video rolling...the live video showing another plane coming into view...I saw it, maybe you did too...and watched in shock as it hit the second tower.  That is when we ALL knew...this was no accident.  We, America, were under attack.

My first impulse was to sob...My second was to call my husband...and oh...how I wanted to jump into the car and go down to the school to get my boys.  Would they be scared?  Would they even know what had happened? What else was going to happen?

More news coverage....a plane hit the Pentagon...Todd Beamer and others, put their lives on the line, to make sure another attack didn't happen, as they struggled to regain control of the plane they were in.  There were so many heros that day.  Some we know about, like Todd Beamer and the priest in NYC who lost his life when he returned yet again to help people.  The fire-fighters and policemen, emergency workers, first responders, and every day men and women, who cared more for others than themselves. Covered in debris, that would later cause major health problems...
 
The terrorists thought they could crush us, but in fact, at those very moments, these humble souls showed what the people of America are really like.  

I long for a return to the kindness, togetherness and unity America had then.
The division, riots, intolerance caused by few, have driven our country down so far.

So on this day...I pray for those who lost their lives, not just on 9-11, but in all the wars beforehand and after, mostly forgotten now....
I pray for those who lost loved ones
I pray for our President and those who help to lead our country
I pray for those who want to rip our nation in two
I pray for you, for me...for our loved ones....that through unity in our families and love for one another, that we can make a difference, however small, in how our country can be great again.

God Bless America

3 comments:

  1. Wendy, as I read your post I thought you have put my feelings into words in a far better way than I could. Bless you for writing this and God Bless America

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud to be an American. We do come together when it is needed the most. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973