Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Update

Dang, I was so hoping that today I would be able to report that the Hubs was finished with his chemo and on the road to recovery...but right after his last session yesterday, just as we were leaving the chemo lab, he came down with a severe case of the chills...shaking all over.  His white blood cell count was non-existent when he went in for his treatment, but because of the aggressive regiment of chemo, they could not wait until the count came up again to continue his treatments.  It wasn't so much the treatment that caused the difficulties, but the cold he developed over the weekend and his surgery incision was a bit infected, which caused him to have an infection and fever.  Long story short, they admitted him to the hospital yesterday afternoon and he will be staying there until things clear up.  He was so disappointed...thinking he was walking out the door to recover, only to be immediately set back by all of this.  But, I know that he is where he needs to be right now to get better.  

Please continue to pray for him my dear friends.....and I really mean that you are all so dear to me!  I may not have had a chance to respond to your comments here or on Facebook, but your thoughts, prayers and comments have helped to comfort and make us both stronger.  and I cannot say it enough...that
Be blessed!

24 comments:

  1. Keep well & we'll just keep prayin':)
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry your husband has to go through more problems because of the chemo. My thoughts and prayers are coming his way.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. O Wendy, sending lots of prayers and love to you both...Hugs lil raggedy Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, my heart goes out to you both! It is difficult to have to see a loved one sick. May this setback be a short one.My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you all.Big hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I will just add a "new" prayer for Chris, that he recovers quickly from this infection/cold and that he is back home in a day or two.

    Blessings on you both. Big hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue to pray for your hubby. So sorry to hear of his set back. Be strong and we are all here for you.
    Bless you,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm keeping him in my prayers and praying for you too my friend. Take care. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wendy, I am so sorry about that. I know that your hubby Chris wanted to leave but it is good that he is in the best spot and they will get him on his feet in no time.
    We have been praying for him and your whole family!
    Hugs and Prayers,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping you both in prayer.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Wendy, so sorry to hear about the set back, keeping Hubby in my prayers, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely saying a big ole prayer for your hubbys recovery Wendy. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Wendy, I will continue to pray for you and your husband. I know he will have a full recovery and things will be better soon! Bunches of hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry to hear that hope he is doing better today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope he is feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sigh...(((hugs))) sending out prayers for a trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry for his set back Wendy! Will continue to send healing prayers.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing Nothing Nothing is too difficult for Thee.
    Praying for strength and complete healing for your Dear Love.
    Giant hugs and lots of love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wishing your husband well & sending my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. He will get better soon! :) Sending prayers your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Wendy, so sorry to hear about your hubby but as you said the hospital is the best place for him so they can get the infections under control until his own immune system can kick back in. Sending him healing energy and positive thoughts and big {{hugs}} to you, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my. Continuing to pray for your husband and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bless your dear heart.. May God heal and comfort as only He can do.. Praying for you and your sweet husband.. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973