Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 8 - Yummy English Toffee

Welcome to Day 8 
of my

Twelve Days of Christmas Celebration!

We're over halfway through the Celebration, and I have received some heart-warming responses to my recipes and tutorials.  Thank you all for visiting and commenting - it makes it so much more fun to share great ideas when I know people appreciate the effort!

So...on to Day 8 and this 

Super Easy Recipe
for

English Toffee

1 cup of butter (2 sticks) 
USE ONLY BUTTER-not margarine

1 cup of white sugar

1/4 cup of water

1/2 t. salt

1/2 cup of semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips OR
3 squares of semi-sweet chocolate

3/4 cup of finely chopped pecans


Place your butter, sugar, salt and water into your sauce pan and melt the butter.  Turn heat to medium high and boil the mixture, stirring constantly.

Continue to boil the mixture until it reaches 300 degrees on your candy thermometer.  You will notice when it reaches around 250 degrees, that the mixture will start to darken.  Keep stirring! 

Once it has reached 300 degrees, remove from heat and pour onto an UNGREASED cookie sheet.  Working quickly, spread mixture into a thin layer with your wooden spoon.  Set aside and let cool and harden.

Melt your chocolate chips or semi-sweet squares (I used half milk chocolate and half semi-sweet chips).

Using a spatula, spread the melted chocolate in a thin layer on top of the toffee.   Immediately sprinkle your chopped nuts on, pressing the nuts into the chocolate with your hand.


If you are in a hurry to taste your toffee, simply place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, remove and break the toffee into bite size pieces.  The toffee can also be left to cool on the counter for several hours.  Store your toffee in an air-tight container.
Hope you get a chance to make this English Toffee - it is so quick and easy!  Makes a great gift for your neighbors and friends.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Morning Friend
    Oh that looks so yummy.
    I made some last year but this looks like a great one.
    I will try. I love to make homemade gifts to give.
    Thank you for sharing Chickie Pal
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy for sharing this recipe. Toffee is my favorite but never tried to make it. A must on my list this Christmas.
    Have a great day
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY...my recipe is a bit different. I use almonds in the toffee itself. But I love Pecans so guess what I will be doing today?!?!
    Thanks for sharing Wendy!
    Enjoy your day,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy!This one is on my to do list.Thanks for sharing.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wendy..wow, sounds delish! Thanks for sharing.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, now all I need is a cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing, hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, so because I am a bit behind on the 12 Days, I am seeing a couple of food things in a row. Not good. I may need to go eat breakfast and come back. Oh, and get a paper towel to wipe the drool from my keyboard...

    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so good Wendy. I haven't had much luck making candy, but I will definately be trying this.

    Have a great day~Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973