Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Wonderful weekend

Spring arrangement I made for our dinner party on Sunday.  I am certainly loving all the different kinds of bulbs coming up around our new ole place.
Good afternoon friends.  Despite the dreary weather we've been having, we did manage to have a nice weekend.  We had Drew & Maria over for fish fry on Friday, went to a local high school musical on Saturday with friends, and had our dinner party yesterday afternoon/evening.  I had mentioned that we were planning to have steak, but the weather was cold and even snowy at times yesterday, and I didn't have the heart to make Mr. Whimzie stand out there cooking steaks on the grill.  We quickly made other plans after church and ended up having lemon-rosemary cornish game hens and homemade risotto and fresh baked cranberry nut bread too....and yes...let us not forget those cream puffs - yum!  We had a lovely time.

Today I've been working on orders and trying to finish up a couple of new items.  I'll be listing more soon, but I did manage to get this Patriotic prim bear listed in my Etsy shop earlier today.  

I had also promised to get pictures of the door box the Mister and I  made....finally remembered - here it is all decked out for Easter.  I added the little bunny, wooden cross and palms from church yesterday.

Back to work now - Enjoy your day. 

Blessings

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. You do very well at floral arrangements, mine never come out that nice :) Love the door box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!
    Bummer that you couldn't grill out your steaks, but your other menu sounds wonderful.
    Love your patriotic bear ~ so cute!!!
    Can't wait to see what else you've been working on!
    Wonderful door box Too!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That flower arrangement is absolutely beautiful! Sounds like you had a busy yet fun filled weekend. Your patriotic bear is so cute! I have to go and visit your Etsy shop! Have a great week!
    Be blessed!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinner sounds yummy! The flowers are absolutely lovely!
    Love your work!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the door box you and Hubby made....the bear is cute too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cornish hens sound so good. I love the door box. How fun to make something together. I am very fond of that shade of red. It sounds like you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely floral arrangement Wendy, are all of those lovely posies from your yard? I love daffodils and narcissus, so beautiful! Your dinner menu sounds so delicious, I'm sure it was enjoyed by all :O) Love your new creations, you are so talented, who knew you were a carpenter on top of all else, your door box is lovely! Happy Easter to you and yours! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a weekend filled with wonderful things! What a warm welcome your guests received at your front door. Your flower arrangement is so pretty! The pink sets it all off so well. Your patriotic bear is adorable and has so much character!~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful time with your family.
    I love the flowers and the door box. Oh girlfriend did you say cream puffs?? Oh yum.
    Blessings
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful spring bouquet, Wendy! Sounds like a fun and fulfilling weekend. Love those times spent with family and friends.

    Adorable Americana bear! I collect patriotic handmades and bears and my husband plays the drums so this would be perfect for us but alas... my prim account is pretty bare right now, haha. Hopefully I can get some more things listed and sold soon. Neat door box also, how fun it would be to change it out with the different seasons. Sunflowers would be gorgeous in there!

    Have a fantastic weekend, sweet friend~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973