Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Thursday! Prim Eggs - Part Two

Hello dear friends - Just a quick post this morning to say hello before I get busy on my orders.  I had promised to show you another version of the prim eggs I did the tutorial on earlier this week....so here goes....

The procedure for these eggs starts out with paper mache-ing over the plastic Dollar Store eggs, as shown in my previous post.   Once the eggs are dried, you will need the following items:

Blue craft paint in robin's egg blue or a similar shade
white craft paint
old toothbrush
cherry or walnut stain
rubber gloves

Once your 'papered' eggs are completely dry, you will brush them with two coats of the blue paint.   Let dry thoroughly. 
Take a bit of the white paint and mix with a tad bit of water...not too thin.  Now, in a box or in your sink...take the toothbrush and dip it into the white paint.  While holding your painted egg in one hand, run your finger from the other hand along the toothbrush bristles, spattering the paint lightly across the surface of the egg to give it a speckled appearance.  When you are pleased with the way it looks, set aside to dry.
Now you need your rubber gloves, as we will be staining the eggs.  On an old sock, t-shirt or what have you..add a bit of stain and DAB over the speckled egg until you like the effect.   I actually rubbed a small amount of stain over the entire egg, then went back with additional stain to dab darker areas here and there.
Set aside to dry for several hours.

These eggs look great mixed in a bowl with the 'spiced' eggs from earlier this week.
Hope you enjoyed these eggs and have time to make some for your Easter decorating.
Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

  1. These turned out wonderful Wendy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute Wendy! I LOVE the browns and blues mixed together, a lovely spring display they make.

    Happy creating and crafting~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to find time to make some of these this year. I love them and thank you sooo much for the tutorials on both types of eggs.

    hugs!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i love the blues ones. I tried the brown ones and they came out great. I posted a pic of them on my blog and a link back to here for anyone who wants to check it out.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973