Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Friday, March 11, 2011

A sad day....

Oh what a sad day today is.....the news of the huge earthquake and tsunami in Japan has left me in shock.  It is easy to go through life thinking things will remain status quo, but I do believe that God uses these tragedies to bring us closer to Him.  I feel badly for complaining about our continued snow...when I am healthy, safe and warm in my home.  I was blog hopping a bit this morning and ran across this poem that Rebecca of  A Gathering Place shared.  It was written by her brother, and deserves to be posted on every 'fridge...lest we forget to live each day to the fullest.
I will pray for the people of Japan and for each of you, my blogging friends...we never know what life will throw at us, but we should try to live each day as if it were our last, so that when our time comes...He will greet us and say "well done good and faithful servant".  God bless and have a lovely weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Amen Wendy....I'm so sad for all those poor souls. A prim friend Brandi and her little guy and husband are okay over there.
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! Thank you for a sobering reminder that we are not guaranteed tomorrow...Yes, God is in control, and may we be ready for that day when He takes us home..May the Lord bless you this week! Hope to see you soon at my blog too. Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wendy it is so sad what has happened in Japan. My heart has just been broken today for those folks affected by this. Prayers
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we're on the same page Wendy. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I hope you have a great weekend!!
    ~Rene~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973