Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful....

Brrrr....Yesterday we had a big storm come through.  We had buckets of rain, which turned to sleet and then snow in the afternoon.  We got a couple of inches and it is snowing again now.  Since it is December, I guess it is okay - makes everything look so Christmas-y!  The temp dropped nearly 25 degrees since yesterday am and it is COLD!  Nearly froze my fingers off going around to the feeders and filling them up for the birds.  Personally, I prefer warmth, but the wood stove will do nicely during these chilly months of winter.  

I have attempted several times to make a collage of the ornie pics and I am determined to get it done.  I started with my Print program, but learned after making the whole thing, that it would not save it in a jpg or bmp form.  Next I tried Paint.net, and had all kinds of problems.  My youngest son, Drew, has been helping me find my way around Paint.net. but I still have a lot to learn.  I didn't want to ask him yesterday because he had such a busy day at college and didn't get back into his room til late.  He was up very late forecasting for the clients they serve.  He's a senior meteorology major and works part-time as the forecaster for the Lake Effect prediction service that he and a professor set up last year.  This morning I had to work and this afternoon I am hoping to get the rest of the inside decorating done.  I do hope to have the collage done soon!  Don't give up on me!

Enjoy the sights, sounds, smells and okay...the crisp, cold air.....of this glorious season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973