Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

A busy weekend

   Here I sit, pretty tired, after a nice weekend away at my son's.  Yesterday we went antiquing and had such a wonderful time....I only got a couple little cheese boxes with neat labels and an old wooden bowl...I just couldn't find what I was searching for.  We went to alot of shops...some expensive and some so cheap you just wanted to buy something from them.  My son and his wife had a bit better luck, and found quite a few treasures that they were seeking.  I forgot to take pictures!  The weather was lovely, as it has been for the past 4 days....sunny with no clouds at all and highs near 60...which is pretty unusual for NY state in November.  However, tonight we ran into rain on our way home, which is ushering in cooler/rainier weather for the rest of the week. 
   Today after Mass, we stayed around my son's home and helped them with a few small projects they wanted to get done...oh...and my hubby and son moved our old dryer down into their basement and got it all hooked up for them.  Many of you have asked what washer/dryer we finally decided to buy...and they are shown in the picture below.

They are larger capacity than we originally were looking at, but the price was so good, we couldn't pass them up.  We looked at the front loading models, and that is originally what I thought I wanted, but because of several factors, we decided to stick with the upright.  The washer is still a high efficiency model and works similar to the front loaders.  They will be delivered on Friday - can't wait!  As if I don't have enough on my plate, I have decided that the old blue cupboards in the laundry room won't go at all with these little red beauties, so I'm going to paint them this week - probably a creamy white, then age them a bit.  I seem to thrive on having projects to do, so what's one more!
  Well, I'm going to head to bed soon, as I'm just plumb tuckered out!  See you all in blogland tomorrow - Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  May you have many blessings in the coming week! 

5 comments:

  1. Lucky you Wendy! I love those. I'm sure I would enjoy doing laundry much more if I had those beauties!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your new washer and dryer..can't wait to see your new laundry room all painted and spiffy.;) have a great week ahead as well..;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,

    Oh, I gotta say that I do love that color! LOL! I didn't think I would like colored appliances but every time I go downstairs and walk by mine, I am so glad we said yes to the red. Enjoy them when they come and can't wait to see you cabinet redo.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red washer/dryer combo!! I also cannot wait to see your laundry room re-do. I am excited you had a great time at your son's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red!
    I still have old washer & dryer, I bet you are going to love the larger capacity, I know I would!
    Funny isn't it how excited we get over new appliances, our helping hands!
    have a great day,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973