Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Baking up a storm!

Good Morning dear ones!

We are into week 5, or is it 6, of the stay at home order.  How have you been doing?
Are you keeping busy or going stir crazy?

I have to say, this whole thing is giving me lots of extra time to get projects done, and probably way too much time for baking, but we'll get to THAT in a moment.

I've been pulling out my UFO (un-finished objects) projects...mostly quilts, and of course, I can't just concentrate on getting those done, but have to start a new quilt for my 3rd grandson, Todd,  as well as a couple of small wool applique projects.  I'm also making new curtains for our bedroom.  I figured I should make a quilt for Toddy before his new brother is born - which is VERY SOON.  I'll have to be designing a quilt for him as well. We can't wait.  We got to see an ultrasound photo of his face last week....how wonderful...and so amazing.  You can be sure I will be letting you know when little Nicholas makes his appearance.

During the many years I have been visiting with you and selling my handmade goodies, I have met so many wonderful people.  Fellow crafters who are friendly, kind, giving and inspiring....wonderful customers, who return time and again to purchase from me, and we say so many kind things about my work.  Lately, one special customer shared a recipe with me, that I thought I would pass along to you.  So, without further ado, here is a wonderful Stay Home Cookie recipe sure to please everyone.

Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies

3/4 c butter
3/4 c white sugar
3/4 c brown sugar

2 eggs
2 t vanilla

1 c flour
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
pinch of salt

2 3/4 c old fashioned or quick oats
1 c dried cranberries
1 c chopped walnuts
 
2 squares white melting chocolate (optional)

Cream the first three ingredients, beating until smooth and well combined.  
Next add the eggs and vanilla, mixing just until incorporated
Add dry ingredients, mix, then add last three ingredients.  Combine and then drop by tablespoons onto parchment paper or greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or just until lightly browned.  Don't cook them too long if you like chewy cookies, which I do.
Once cooled, I melted a couple of bars of white melting chocolate and drizzled it with a spoon onto the tops of the cookies.

1 comment:

  1. While this "staying at home" stuff isn't anything 'different" for me, everyone else's motivation to finish projects and such (and having most of my appointments canceled) has given me the urge to finish up a few things as well...just little bits and bobs that have been hanging around for much too long, but it makes me feel good. The baking...well, that has been contagious as well unfortunately....as I am the only one who eats it all. This recipe sounds too good not to try. Thanks so much for sharing! Stay well ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973