Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Monday, January 27, 2020

Rounding out the month of January

My goodness...here it is already...the final week of January.  This has definitely been our month for snow and cold.  It hasn't been extremely bad though...when you live in central NY State, we get used to the lake effect snows that come off of Lake Ontario and Lake Erie.  Big flakes, that make the whole of our 'lake country' sparkle with awesome views.  It's simply stunning this morning, with every tree branch covered in glittering beauty.

Yesterday was somewhat mild after Saturday's snow, so we took an opportunity to take a hike in the woods with our grandsons.  These are the same woods I trekked in with our sons when they were growing up, and it has been several years since I had been in them.  I was a little sad...the old trails were hard to find...so many dead trees and limbs had fallen.  What used to be a well cared for trail, was all but ruined, neglected by lack of use.  Do any kids go exploring in the woods anymore?  What are they doing?  Have you ever noticed while driving down the road on a nice day, how few children you see outside playing!  How sad!  We had fun exploring with the boys, and ended our trek sledding....little Joey even found an abandoned soccer ball, which he was just thrilled to place in his sled and pull all the way home.

We finished our day with a yummy dinner of chicken, rice, beans and brownies.
It may not seem like the most exciting day, but spending time with those dear grandchildren is worth a million dollars to me.

Have a blessed day everyone....until next time....smile and enjoy the wonders all around you! Bundle up and take a walk, without your headphones...listen to nature...chat with your hubby, grandkids or a friend.  These are the things that life is really about....








1 comment:

  1. Aww, how special and fun! I used to do this all the time when my kids were younger. My middle child just turned 21 and still goes exploring all the time, sometimes I get to join her haha! But yes, precious times for sure!

    It's crazy how January is almost over! I have been marveling this week about how every year it just creeps along, seeming to last like 87 days long lol! But for some reason this January is flying by. I wish we had some pretty snow like that to play in but there's still hope. Stay warm and toasty~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973