Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

July is flying by.....

Yup....you can believe it...I am finally making a post!
It has been so long since I've made a good post, and I apologize for that....life gets in the way sometimes, and Summer is especially busy.

We had our usual 4th of July party over at our son's home, with fireworks to end the evening in the school field right behind the house.  We've done this for 20 years now.  We always had a party when we lived there, and now, Drew and Maria are carrying on the tradition.  The kiddos were a bit scared of the fireworks being so close, but they soon got over their fear and really enjoyed them.  I think one of the best things about being a Grandparent is that we get to watch the grand-kids enjoy all those simple things in life that we sometimes take for granted.

Around the 4th of July, we invited our good friends over to introduce them to kayaking.  It was a beautiful day and I think they really enjoyed themselves.  We came back to the house for a nice lunch of chicken salad sandwiches, fruit and homemade ice cream.  I took these pictures when we were out on the water.  I even did a little fishing and caught a small bass and a little catfish...both went promptly back into the water.

Our friends Eileen and Paul



We were lucky to catch this goose family in the water nearby.
We have been trying to do more fishing this year. Some nights, our oldest son, Scott and his daughter, Allie, meet us down at the lake.   Allie looked so cute the first time, but had little patience for fishing.  I feel bad for Scott....he's had the WORST luck..and hasn't caught anything in so long...like....years.....I can't figure out why, but I feel for him...he gets so frustrated, but keeps on trying.  As if that isn't bad enough...his new rod fell into the water from his kayak last year...and he keeps getting snagged and losing lures.....
Here is a picture of the 14" pike I caught...he went back too.  I mostly like to fish for the fun of it.  I hate to kill anything.....

Allie all ready for fishin"

Best buddies Jack & Kizmet
 Random pictures from our Summer so far......

Grandpa with the boys

Goofy Petie hamming it up with my 'granny glasses'

Petie was helping me with dinner, making some watermelon balls, when Joey decided to climb up in the chair and sample the juice.
Picnic in the back yard

Elena's baptism



Sunset at the lake

Selfies of the hubby and I

Two sundresses I made Allie
The boys enjoy the new sandbox we made for them.

Teddy bear picnic (with Jack too)

Petie wanted to build something, so we made a birdhouse together and he painted it

...concentrating so hard.....

My newest chickies....
Well...it is getting late, and I don't wish to overload you with more pictures right now.  I'll make a post soon with our vacation pictures...and egad...I have a surprise in store when I show you them!

Stay tuned!

Have a lovely weekend my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a wonderful Summer!! Love the beautiful pictures of your grandbabies, you are blessed. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973