Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

New BOM from Buttermilk Basin & FAAP Celebration!

My newest love is wool applique.  I've made a few items, and have a few more works in progress.  I'm also a member of the fantastic Wool Applique group on Facebook, which is where I first learned of the wonderful and FREE


Stacy just put up instructions for the first block in her Mystery BOM, so why  not join in.  I just know it's going to be a fantastic quilt when we are done.  Stacy is so talented.
If you don't do wool applique, but love to sew, I am sure the patterns can be adapted to hand or machine applique with cotton.

Here's my first block.
 

Hope you join in the fun!

***********************
Speaking of talented....the 
FOLK ART AND PRIMITIVES group is gearing up for their latest celebration.

It begins on February 1st.
Come see all the wonderful Spring offerings from the members of FAAP.
We'll also having a giveaway, which makes the celebration even more fun for YOU!

Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

  1. Love your first block Wendy. I'm a huge fan of Buttermilk Basin patterns, Stacy is a wonderful designer. Now I'm off to her blog to get my copy of the pattern, can hardly wait to see what the 2nd mystery block will be.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this block!!! but your pineapple is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working with wool is so wonderful, love your first block! Look forward to see how working with wool morphs into your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a beautiful job on your block, I need to go pick out my colors and do mine. I am just curious as to how it will go so I can make sure I use background fabrics that go together.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy! Love the BOM from Stacy too and I ve just finished it also! Wool applique is so enjoyable! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, your pink pineapple is so baaaad! Nicely done, I have to stitch mine up. This is going to be a fun BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! Now I'm inspired. I went over to check it out and I am going to print off my pattern in the morning and get started tomorrow night! Thanks for sharing Wendy!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy, I am loving that applique block, I could easily get hooked on that too, I just want to learn everything. Your block is beautiful! hugs,
    Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Wendy your pineapple is just wonderful , it looks so good. That is such good work. One of these days I'm going to try that. Maybe . Have a blessed weekend and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973