Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Friday, November 8, 2013

Time is flying by AND a Recipe to share

I don't know about you, but it seems that every month this year has gone a little bit faster than the one before...and here it is...the 8th of November already!  Each day seems so full of things, I wish everything would just slow down...perhaps that is why God created Winter...so that we would kick up our feet, sit by the fire and enjoy life a bit.

So, in an effort to help you sit back and relax with a cup of coffee this weekend, I  thought I would share this YUMMY coffee cake recipe with you.

Apple Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake

For the Cake you will need

6 T unsalted butter
3/4 c sugar
2 X-lg eggs 
1 t vanilla
1/2 t cinnamon (I used a bit more)
1 1/4 c flour
1/4 t baking soda
1 c finely diced apple
2/3 c sour cream

Mix wet ingredients together then gradually add the dry ingredients just until blended. Pour into greased 9" round Springform pan.

Top with 

Streusel Topping

1/4 c sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 stick butter
1 cup flour
1/3 c quick cook oatmeal
1/4 c chopped walnuts or pecan

Cut butter into dry ingredients until crumbly...or throw into a food processor til crumbly.  Sprinkle on the top of the cake and pat down into batter a bit with your hand.

Bake at 350 until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

Cool completely, then drizzle with 

Icing

1/2 c confectioner's sugar
2 t maple syrup OR cider

ENJOY and have a blessed weekend!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe, I will have to try it.
    Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yum! I'm looking forward to a lazy saturday.Warm Blessings! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy this sure looks tasty. I must try it! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a good weekend!
    Loretta xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973