Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 9 - Twelve Days of Christmas Celebration

Good morning friends!
It was absolutely gorgeous here yesterday...nearly 70 degrees...but alas, a cold front came though in the evening with wind and rain, and we are in for a change in the weather...such is life in Central New York.

Twenty-four years ago today, Mr. Whimzie and I became the parents of another wonderful son.   It's hard to believe that so many years have flown by in an instant!  Now, Drew is expecting his first child in just a couple weeks.  I always felt it was very special to have a baby at Christmas-time...and I am sure he and Maria will feel that too.   

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW!

This morning I am heading to the dentist early...a last minute appointment that they set up so I can get work done on a crown. There isn't a lot of time to prepare my post, and therefore I am going to leave you with a couple of great links for making prim Christmas trees.  I found these links while doing research for my craft tutorials.  Hope you won't mind me substituting them...I'll be back tomorrow with another tutorial or recipe - stay tuned!

The first is from Pamela over at Our Pioneer Homestead.  She recently posted a 10 minute Dollar Store tree!  So cute and absolutely prim!

The second tree tutorial is from Kara over at Creations by Kara.  You can use many different fabrics for her trees, and they are so simple and cute!
Have a blessed day!

11 comments:

  1. Good luck at the denist.I bet you can't wait to be a grandma the best gift ever! Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the arrival of your first grandbaby! I love being a mom but the grandsons are the best gift I ever received.
    Bless you and yours~
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Wendy, yuk, dentist.........oh how wonderful for you to be a Grandma........love the little feather tree......Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Drew and Congrats to Drew and his wife
    Maria.
    How exciting! You are going to be a Grandma!!!!
    Also what is funny is that our first born son Steven,his Birthday is tomorrow Dec.6th...he will be 21 yrs.old. Where does the time go.

    I will be praying for you when you go to the dentist, I DON'T like the dentist...Good luck my sweet friend!!
    Please keep us updated when they have their own bundle of JOY!
    Hugs and Love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the links for the tutorials.
    Love them both.
    How exciting for you! The days are getting closer to becoming a Grandma!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Drew!How exciting to know that soon you will be a grandma,congrats to all! Thanks for the links.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Drew! Thanks for sharing the tutorial links!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy, hope your visit to the dentist went well,ok as well as a visit to the dentist can go that is! LOL
    Happy birthday to Drew, what a special present you will all be receiving for Christmas!
    Have a great night! See you tomorrow same place but probably a different time!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Drew, and congratulations on being a grandma, that is my favorite accomplishment in life. he he
    Thank you for sharing these 2 awesome tutorials. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy, I echo Cindi's sentiment... I hope it all went well! Loving the trees! I think I may try both!!! Fun! Fun! Yippppeeee!

    Hugs and Love!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope all went well at the dentist. Happy Birthday to your Baby Boy!!

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973