Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Thanks for Giving Swap and Ramblings

Good morning
Burrrr....it's cold out today...and they are forecasting flurries this weekend...I'm not looking forward to THAT!  The weather is starting to drag me down...it's been cool, rainy and muddy for too long.  I haven't checked with Drew, but I'm guessing that it has rained a little for most of the last month and a half.  The chicken pen is a muddy mess, since it has no time to dry out.  We're looking into getting some sand for it, as I read that can help a lot.  Hopefully we can get some this weekend.

I wanted to remind everyone that the Thanks for Giving Swap packages are due to be mailed on November 8th.  You can click on the link to the right if you want to refresh yourself of the guidelines before mailing out your package. 
  My partner, Vicky has already received mine, and I'm waiting for her package to arrive here.  If you'd like to take a peek at what I sent her, just click HERE


I did finish up these Christmas Santa boxes and listed them on my Etsy shop, but haven't had much time or desire to create anything else this week.  From my blog hopping, I can see that I'm not the only one who is feeling burnt out.  I opted not to list any Thanksgiving made to order items in my shop, because I feel I need a break.   I don't know how some of you gals do it...creating all day, every day...my hat's off to you.  I just need time to catch up on house projects, cookie making and whatever else I feel like doing...too many things go undone when I'm into crafting.

This weekend we'll be traveling around...first to see my dear Aunt in the nursing home to celebrate her birthday, then Sunday, we'll head on over to see Scott & Steph's for the day.  It's been a long time since we've been over to their house...they usually come here, and it will be a nice change.

I hope you  all have a wonderful weekend.  Hug your loved ones, relax and look around to reflect on all of your blessings...big or small. 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy......love your Christmas boxes, beautiful.......I got my swap package from Christina today...YEY!!!!! Posted on my blog....thanks for including me in that fun swap......Will pop in to see what you gave.......Enjoy the weekend, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, those Christmas stacked boxes came out AWESOME!!!!!!! You are so creative.
    I hope you enjoy your visit with your Aunt and Scott and Steph's. You sure do need a break and enjoy your weekend.
    I also LOVED your Halloween picture of you and your hubby dressed up....very cool!
    Hugs and Love my Friend,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful boxes.
    Get some rest friend ..
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Woolie Love
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy...I'm with you the weather has been a nagging downer to long and just think winter isn't even here yet..ugg not looking forward to it at all.

    Hope you can find a solution to the chicken coup muddy mess...if the sand doesn't work maybe some old skids for winter weather.

    I've been reading how everyone is sorta burnt out on there creating and then there is me who can't wait to sink my hands & fingers into creating again.. I was really excited to find I can actually hold a paint brush now and painted 37 wood items to prim as soon as I can sand... I was doing the happy dance!

    Have fun weekend with your family!

    Fall Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, feeling a bit 'crisp' around the edges myself, Wendy. I will soon quit creating for sales and just craft the rest of what I have for gifts. I don't like to be stressed around the Holidays. Hope that package gets to you safely!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973