Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Monday, August 13, 2012

We're back from Vacation, Chickie News and 29 years ago today!

Hi everyone - the Mister and I are back from our little jaunt to Vermont.  We took a whirlwind tour of part of the state, stayed at some lovely Bed & Breakfasts and got to spend some time with my sister.
I want to thank everyone who commented about my picture post on the Finger Lakes.   I may not get a chance to catch up and thank all of your personally, but please know that I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my humble blog!

I have a few days left to get ready for the Celtic Fest that my daughter-in-law, Maria and I will be having a booth at...then...Friday, is the annual mega Antique/Flea Market in Bouckville, NY...then late Sunday my mother-in-law and sister-in-law arrive for an extended visit...so things are going to be crazy here for a while.

Here's a few pictures of our trip.


View of part of the grounds of our first B & B - lovely and very inspirational

Scenes from the Shelburne Museum, where we spent most of one day....great fun and so much history to see!  These are some of the wonderful antique, hand carved wooden carousel animals in one of the buildings.


Scenes from the "GENERAL STORE" at the museum...ooooh...I wanted these crocks and tins!


One of many 'work' wagons featured in one of the buildings

millstone garden

Primitive Bucket bench in one of the buildings - I took pics of this so my sweetie could make me one.

Little garden at the Shelburne Museum


The Ticonderoga Steamship - which was moved to this spot over land from Lake Champlain back in the 50s.  It is huge and so lovely inside.

My sis, Liz, standing next to a metal heart she and a friend artist complete for a big fundraising event in Rutland, VT.  These hearts are all over the city and will be auctioned off in the Fall.

Wonderful old barn, now a party house, at the last B & B we stayed at.

Scene at the end of the Green Mountains on the way home.
In other news - our chickies are FINALLY laying eggs!  I found one the day before we left and there have been some each day since!  So glad the chickens are starting to 'earn their keep'!
And Finally.....

29 Years Ago Today I married my best friend, my sweetie and the best man I know.  I'm so thankful for all the blessings God has bestowed on us through the years

...including our two wonderful boys, who married two lovely young women....oh...and one more exciting thing to report

Our oldest son, Scott and his wife, Steph, are ALSO expecting a baby!  Now we will have two grandbabies in the span of about 3 months.  Drew & Maria are due in December and the newest addition will be joining our family in March!  We are so happy and are looking forward to being Grandparents!

Have a lovely week everyone! 

12 comments:

  1. First off I have to say Happy Anniversary to you and the mister....and then a BIG congratulations on the two sweet babys that will be joining the family too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Wendy! What neat pictures, thank you so much for sharing them, really beautiful things there! Congrats on another little grandbaby coming also. Things seem very good with you! I am happy for you! Good luck with all you have going on, busy busy!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vacation photos. Happy Anniversary, Wendy! My twin sister and her husband are also celebrating their 29th anniversary today. Best wishes to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What exciting new Wendy! Grand parenting is the best!! Our newest little grand daughter will be here in about 4 weeks. Can't wait.
    Your trip sounds like a great time was had by all and the pics are just awesome. Thanks for sharing.Good luck with the show this weekend.
    Happy Anniversary and Blessings for many more!! ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a beautiful trip! Congrats on 29 years and the great news of two grandbabies! Nothing like farm fresh eggs.Grandma gave me a dozen a few weeks ago and I had forgotten how much better they taste.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! Looks like a wonderful trip!! How exciting~becoming a grandma x2!!

    Have a beautiful day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww so much to celebrate! Congrats on the anniversary and coming babies!
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary...looks like you had a very good vacation and loads of fun! Welcome back home! Take care and a peaceful night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pics! Congrats on the grandbabies. Grandbabies are the best! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Happy Anniversay Grandma & Grandpa!
    What a wonderful anniversary gift new additions to your beautiful Family! God is good!
    Yippppeee eggs. Fresh eggs.
    Your trip looks and sounds like it was wonderful.
    Blessings Chickie Pal
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely trip you had ~ my husband always talks about Vermont and how much he loves it there. Wishing you both a wonderful Anniversary as well!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! How exciting about the coming grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973