Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pond Pictures

Morning  Ladies!  Here's the pictures of my pond, as promised.  It is smaller than my fish pond at our old home, but it was still enough work for this ole body! It measures about 12' across by 18' long. In the upper left I will be having a small waterfall...need to finish that up yet with some special black foam to seal it so the water flows properly.   I included some other pictures of the chickens too.

The little 'path' to the right was made especially for Jack, so he could grab a drink from the pond without getting into my gardens.



Future  dinners perhaps?
Today my nephew, Jake, and I will be heading out for a 'surprise day'.....pictures of that to come tomorrow. 

Jake, who is leaning over my shoulder, just informed me that this is a boring post....I'm sorry if that is true, and I will try harder in the future.  It is hard to be exciting all the time!  lol

Have a great day!
May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
~Irish Blessing~

14 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the pond! We just put ours in and are still trying to figure out what to do around it. Yours is such an inspiration, thank you for sharing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pond Wendy! Looks good!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wendy, the pond looks fabulous! I just spray painted the lines that I want for our new pond last night but I haven't measured it yet to see what the dimensions are. I have visions of sitting on the porch listening to the waterfall and my ducks swimming gracefully in...but I have a feeling that the truth will be that they eat any plants that I put in there and I will constantly be cleaning waste out of there, darn reality!

    Tell Jake old people ARE boring and we like hearing about stuff like that :) for me.

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, Wendy
    Beautiful~ love the pond~ and the chickens are adorable~ look so happy~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pond is beautiful and I think that with the little waterfall will be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pond, very nice!! Your post wasn't too boring for me ;) Have fun with Jake!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pond, Wendy. Your whole yard is so neat and organized. You really are a great outdoor as well as indoor designer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy,
    I love your pond! And your chickens are so cute, even the floating ones!!
    Have a great day!!
    Blessings,
    ~Rene~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Chickie Pal
    I just loved visiting you and your chicks on your pond today.
    Nothing boring about it at all.
    So peaceful and relaxing.
    HUGS & JOY
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pond is perfect ~ I can well imagine it amid the other works you've spoken of/shared.... Your gardens and outdoor spaces are going to be alluring when complete!

    And I too enjoy(ed) your real and cyber-floating chickens, lol

    Hugs
    Issy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful job on the pond Wendy!!!
    Cute chicks ~ I'd never be a farmer ~ would never be able to eat them for dinner!!!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pond is so nice! I've always thought it would be neat to have one but not so neat to have to care for it so I just have a whiskey barrel with water and an old pump.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pond, you did a great job, so neat to have a path for Jack, hope it works! I am sure reading blogs isn't that exciting for someone probably used to video games and such but we love posts like this! LOL
    Have a great day tomorrow.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pond, Wendy!!!! And enjoyed the pics of your chicks.

    hugs!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973