Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Catching up - lots of pictures to share

Good morning!
Hope your Memorial Day weekend was safe and full of family, friends and fun!

I received my swap package from Michelle this weekend.  We both participated in Val's Summer Swap over at Yorkie's Primitives.  Michelle went out of her way to include items that were very personalized, like this adorable doll and the cute little wooden blocks with our pets' names on them.  She included some great sunflower bowl fillers, a GARDEN garland, which is adorable, and oh, so much more.  Take a look and see if you don't agree that I've been spoiled once again.  Unfortunately, poor Michelle is still waiting for her package from me....I was swamped with things to make, so I asked her for a little extension...and she kindly agreed.   Thank you again Michelle



Silly Blogger insisted on turning this picture around!  Sorry.
As is usual for long weekends, my nephew, Jake, was back visiting us, so I snapped a picture of him with the chickens...which he adores!  He took a chair into the coop and sat there for hours hob-nobbing with the locals - lol.   Our sons and their wives were also here this weekend and we so enjoyed having a house full of lovin'
The rest of the pictures are from around our place this weekend, including the beautiful sunset on Monday night.  





Good ole Jack...I think he is missing everyone now that they all went home.

My Dad gave this to me on Memorial Day.  He couldn't quite remember if his Dad or his Grandfather made it, but it is such a great piece of Folk Art - I LOVE IT!

Storm clouds yesterday afternoon - we got hit with severe storms with lots of wind and rain

Beautiful sunset on Memorial Day.
I'll do a chicken post later this week, along with a GREAT GIVEAWAY!  Stay tuned and enjoy your day.

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;  Psalm 8:3

6 comments:

  1. Wendy you always take great photos ... love seeing your flowers. The little cart that your father gave you is a wonderful treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love looking at your pics. Beautiful sunset! Sounds like a nice weekend with the family. Your swap items are so nice. You sure have a collection of swap goodies lately. You must have a house full. Hopefully you have room for a few more because you have more on the way. I was able to get yours out to you today. Hope that you like all that you receive. Blessings ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy,

    Thanks for sharing all of your pictures, they are so fun to look at. I loved your swap goodies and I am sure that Michelle will love what you give her, I know I did. Glad you had a fun family filled weekend!
    Be blessed
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Chickie Pal
    Oh I love all the photos. Especially the one of Jake and your chickie. Love all your sweet treasures too.
    I am able to get on your blog today but not yesterday. I had problem with alot of blogs yesterday.
    Hugs
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful goodies, Wendy!
    Beautiful photos.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun goodies from Michelle! I love the stuff she does, so creative!

    The yard is shaping up nicely :)

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973