Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

What's all the BUZZ about? It's a New Swap!

Good afternoon all.  I've been thinking about a different swap that I haven't seen before, and with the help of son and daughter-in-law, Drew & Maria, I think we have come up with a great idea......so.....

What is all the BUZZ about 
you ask??


It's a BUG SWAP!

  Yup...a creepy, crawling, flying in your hair, summer time pest of a bug swap.  Well...not quite...these bugs can't be live, they have to be created by you!  Or you can purchase the bug, but it MUST be handmade.  So, since I don't wanna bug you with rambling on about things...let's get to the point...here's the rules:

1.  You must be a follower of my blog and a frequent commenter.  I'd like to know you so that I can be certain you will follow through with the swap.  It might sound mean, but if you have even been on the short end of a swap, you know what I am talking about.

2.  You must comment below and THEN send me your name, address, blog name and a list of your favorite summer things. Please email me your information at rwprimcrafts@aol.com.  Don't forget!

3.  Sign ups will last until April 22.  I will then match people up and get your swap partner's name to you by Monday, April 23rd.   Once you get your partner's name, please send them an email to say HI!

4.  Mailing date is May 18th.  You must mail your package with a delivery confirmation number.  Please provide that number to your partner.

Your swap package must include at least 3 items:  
The first must be

A handmade bug
 
the other two items can be whatever you would like having to do with summer.  Here are a few examples:

A summertime themed towel

decorative summer napkins

Summer door decor

a prim candle

pillow with flowers and bugs

wooden sign with summery words

prim handmade flowers

gardening goodies, such as seeds, tools, gloves

a garden stake, herb markers and the like

garden sun hat

summertime cookbook full of grilling recipes

watermelon themed prim crafts

some yummy smelling hand lotions to soothe those overworked hands

Here's some inspiration for you!
Lady bug pattern by Old Annie Primitives


Bumblebee pattern by Raggedy Days

Prim bees by Snugglebug Blessings

I look forward to hearing from all of you!  Feel free to spread the word about my swap.  I will be providing a linky for you by Monday. 

Have a lovely weekend and a Blessed Easter!


12 comments:

  1. I'm in on this one, Wendy!! Off to email you!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!!! I already have so many ideas buzzing through my head! This will bee a wonderful swap. I'll go bug you with an email right now!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy,
    Please count me in! I'm finishing up a few other swaps and have some great ideas for this one!
    I will email you now.
    xoxo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun!! I certainly can't make much but I would love to buy for someone special and get to know some other bloggers. Going to buzz an email off to you now! Thanks!
    Be blessed!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness what an adorable swap idea,I would love to be in on this but guess what I don't create Bugs.. I love bugs and I would love getting a bug but what bug would I be able to create..I just don't know..so I will just have to look forward to seeing what everyone else creates..

    Have a Great Easter Weekend!!

    Hugs
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Wendy! This one sounds like fun! I would Love to join in on your Swap! I have alot of ideas for this one! I will e-mail you! have a wonderful weekend!!!!

    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy,

    Oh this is the kinda bugs I like...I have a few ideas for things...can I come and play too? Will send my info to you.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy,
    I am still in awe of my Beautiful Bunny that Chris made me, so needless to say I'm in. Bugs are fun :-)
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to email you -- I love ladybugs :)
    Dorothy in IL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Wendy,
    I would love to join!
    Hugs,
    Lynn
    Bumble bees or ladybugs for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok Wendy!! You talked me into it!! Sign me up. I am still new to this and I don't sew very well, but I will give it my best shot. !! lol Thanks for being a faithful follower of my blog. :) Blessings ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wendy please sign me up for your swap. This sounds like so much fun and you are right, I have never heard of a bug swap.LOL Sending you my info, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973