Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Memories - pictures to share

little garden by the road
 Hello blogging friends - Sorry I haven't posted much lately.  With the wonderfully warm weather we had last week, I was spending much of my time working in the yard....so much to do at our new place....neglected gardens need to be weeded and edged, raking up pine cones and leaves, picking up brush and cutting trees with Mr. Whimzie.  The Mr.  took Friday off and we accomplished so much! 

I've been redoing the edging along the field stone patio and sweeping up the tiny gravel that was placed between the rocks...more pictures to come of this patio area when I am finished.

Mr. Whimzie returning from taking another load of brush to the woods

Saturday we made the trip to see my aunt in the nursing home, stopped at the Amish market and Lowes, then headed to our friends for a long overdue dinner get-together.  Sunday after church, coffee and toasted cinnamon/raisin bread from the Amish market, we headed on down to Marathon, NY to attend the Maple Festival with our son, Drew and his lovely wife, Maria.  We had fun browsing the sugar shack, museum and craft booths.  After a hot dog (why do they always take so good at festivals) we headed on out to visit a few antique shops along the way home. 
old cast iron Maple Syrup evaporating kettle -now in the museum

display case of old maple syrup containers, etc.

A few goodies i picked up this weekend.  The lady who sold me the crock told me that her grandmother used to put the 'premium' butter from their 'premium' cow in this crock.  The 'other' butter was kept separately.
Smidgen poses in my newly acquired basket


Today is cold and windy and back to the reality that, despite last week's weather, cold weather is not ready to give up it's hold on Central New York.

 The final picture I am posting is of Drew's presentation last week at the local library on the Blizzard of 1993.  Proud mama here - he did a great job.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy,
    sounds like you had a great weekend all around! Love the museum pics of the maple syrup treasures. Being from NH and raised around the ol' sap bucket days I can appreciate your pics. We have a small collection of syrup cans from various places displayed with other treasures.
    Great pic of your young weatherman! We're having cool temps, rain and lots of wind here in Idaho today. Oh well the weekend was record breaking with temps 71 both days!
    Have a great week~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy..Yes, I've been outside too...but today is another story...brrr, I'm afraid all my pretty flowers that bloomed in the 80 degree weather will freeze tonight :(

    Love the pics from the syrup festival (brings back memories for me of boiling syrup when I was a kid in the sugar shack:) Congrats to Drew (better him than me, don't like public speaking at all, LOL... Hugs to you, Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy, seems you had a wonderful weekend! Your patio area
    will be nice when you finish, I like the pavers you have done...Those shops looked quite interesting, love your finds! Good seeing your garden...When you get a chance, hop over to have a walk in mine. Hope you have a lovely evening! Hugs Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy!!!
    Love your stone patio ~ I've always wanted to put in some sort of stone patio or walkway.
    Looks like you had a wonderful weekend ~ Loved the pics!!!
    Awesome treasures you found ~ Smidgen is so adorable in that basket!!!
    Congrats to Drew ~ I'm sure he did an awesome job!!!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy ,congrats to Drew! Looks like you had a great weekend,and found some really great goodies.I love,love your stone patio!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did get a lot accomplished this weekend! I love how the patio looks! Loved the special things you found and your kitty is so cute!
    Be blessed!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy.. I can't say I blame you for spending time outside working on the gardens..rather then blogging...lol..it was just such wonderful weather last week..I worked in my beds a little too..trying to get them cleaned up before my surgery Wednesday.
    It was so nice to feel the sun on my back..Won't it be nice when you can sit on your new patio and relax enjoying the Sunshine? Soon very soon!

    Sounds like you had a super great weekend and found some really nice treasures..and had a chance to visit with your son..

    Have a great week!

    Hugs
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful yard Wendy! Hard work, but good to be outside! Love your goodies and "good job!" to your son! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Wendy it looks so nice. Ps love your little chicky in the egg. Happy stitching Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a wonderful long weekend friend.
    Love your outdoors. :) Lots of work but doesn't it feel good. Love your new treasures.
    Hugs to you proud mama! You are blessed.
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smidgen is very photogenic! Great treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smidgen looks very GQ in the pic! Too cute!!!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Much to do around here as well but I hate to say it's because of neglect by us, wish I could blame it on the former homeowners, lol. I've been raking up leaves and sticks and burning them. Raking up rocks and weeding, working all in the back yard since February and still much to be done. I told my husband that the front yard will have to wait till next year at the rate I'm going. Haha! But my, it's been worth it. It's starting to look wonderful.

    What a wonderful time and great goodies! Definitely my kind of weekend. =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973