Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Woo-Hoo is it HOT and some good news.

Here I sit hiding inside from the heat.  Don't get me wrong, I actually love the heat, especially since we had such a long Winter and wet, wet Spring.  Yesterday we topped off at 93 - I know some of you are getting it a lot hotter!  Today we have storms all around, and made it to 89.  The heat index is quite a bit more...I'm hoping for some rain, or I'll have to go out and water again. 

I haven't had too much to talk about this week, other than the giveaway winner annoucement on Monday....just working and crafting and doing some gardening, cleaning and laundry in between.  Now that Drew is home, I feel I can't catch up on the laundry!  We have a little diet contest going in our household...we're all trying to see how much we can lose before the wedding. Drew and I have been playing tennis for at least an hour every night or so.  We started doing that last summer and really enjoy it.  I haven't let Chris participate, until we found out the results of his CT scan.  Yesterday the doctor called and said that the test results showed no blockage or problems with his heart!  YEAH!  He thinks perhaps the tachacardia was caused by too much caffeine.  Ever since this last episode, Chris has really cut back on his coffee...which he probably should have done years ago.  We are so happy and relieved that all the tests came back fine.  The doctor says there is no reason to be concerned and to keep regular appointments with our local doctor.  Praise God for all the good news.

Yesterday I made all the arrangements for the rehearsal dinner in Minnesota for Drew's wedding.  Because of the distance, most of our relatives and friends won't be making it to the wedding, so we are planning a big reception at our church in August.  The rehearsal dinner in Minnesota is going to just be a small affair of about 30 at a great pizza place Maria & Drew love...the big bucks will be spent when we have the party here.  I'm starting to get crazy just thinking about everything that will be happening in the next month.  Traveling to Minnesota from New York, which takes 2 days, then back again after the wedding, pulling a U-Haul trailer full of Maria's things.  Once we get home, we are looking at closing on our new house, so we will be moving the U-Haul contents into the garage until then, and then moving 20 years worth of stuff to the new house ...all topped off with at least 3 people as company at the new house and a big reception within a couple weeks of moving...yeah...I think we are crazy!

Off to fold laundry now - hope you are having a great week.  Stay cool!

7 comments:

  1. Whew! That is quite an agenda you have ahead of you!! I think the thing that would keep me up nights is thinking about moving 20 years of stuff! But, at least the new owners of your old home will probably cut you some slack if you don't get it all out right away! ;o) Stay cool - we had 2 days in the 90's and now we're in the 50's again. Brrrr...! (No wonder I have multiple personalities!! ;o)) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy are you going to running in circles .LOL! I told my hubby it would scare me to death to think of packing all my junk up and moving.How exciting though to be getting a new house. Great news from the doctors,that has to relieve some stress. Good luck on your adventurous summer. Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about Chris, I know you all have to be feeling a lot better about that. It sounds like things are going to get even crazier your way. Just remember to take some rest time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooorayyyyy! So happy to hear that he is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't envy your plans! LOL! You'll be in my neck of the woods then! I hope that you will have a safe trip and things will all smooth out soon! Did you get your package?
    Hugs,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great news about your hubby Wendy! I've recently cut back on coffee too. An hour of tennis every nite is quite the workout! You are going to be one busy bee this summer - what a summer to remember! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973