Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share life, creating and recipes with you.

Monday, February 21, 2011

A nice family-fun filled weekend

Good morning evening all my wonderful blogging friends.  You'll never guess what!  Yeah...we got another 6 inches of snow last night!  UGH  will it ever end??  It was 58 on Friday, then took a nosedive with bitter winds and cold and snow...it's just not fair!  Lol

This hand carved Chinese canopy wedding bed
 is centuries old and was imported from China.


Part of the wonder marble bathroom

A hand carved chest from China
Despite the weather, we took the hour and half trip up to Oswego, NY to spend the weekend with Drew, who many of you know by now...attends college up there.  We took along our oldest son and his wife, and picked my 12 year old nephew up too.  On the way, we stopped at a great antique shop that we have been wanting to check out for over a year...the Purple Monkey.  It was just chock full of goodies, but we only bought a few things, including a beautiful old religious picture and a cute little egg cup with a chick on it.  We arrived in Oswego, dropped the kids off at Drew's dorm, and went to check into our favorite B &B.  We chose the Chinese room this time, I have took some pictures so you could see how lovely it is.  It's always a treat to stay there...our host and hostess are so friendly and the accommodations and good are top notch! 

Drew & nephew Jake
That evening we attend the final regular season hockey game at SUNY Oswego - they are known for their great hockey team and it is always so much fun to watch them play - we won 7-1!  Walking to the hockey rink that night was brutal...the temp was in the teens and the wind coming off of Lake Ontario made it feel colder than I think I have ever experienced!

The following day we went to a tasty brunch on campus, then visited an antique/folk art/craft place named Ozzies that was out of this world! It was so much fun to poke around.

My nephew will be spending the week here...it's always fun when he visits. I'm hoping to do lots of fun things with him while he is here...and on that note, I shall close this and go do just that.  Hope you all have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! The bed and breakfast sounds delightful and ozzies sounds like a place I would enjoy.We got about 6 inches of snow last night.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend!
    Beautiful pics!
    I too am ready too am ready for some warmer weather~last week was a real tease!LOL
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog - your message will be reviewed and posted soon! God bless

Blog Archive



In memory of the over 57,000,000 children killed since 1973